Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New resin Hero sculpts
03-24-2016, 10:49 PM
New resin Hero sculpts
While I will say that the new resin Heroes are vey well detailed, I am extremely unhappy with them. I have yet to find a glue that will bond to them.

The ones that are a single piece, primer and paint slides right off of them.

I washed them twice with warm soapy water, using a toothbrush. I still had this issues so I soaked them overnight and STILL have this problem.

I have seen several posts complaining about this same problem with them. One suggestion is to soak them in Simple Green. I'm going to try that and reply here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2016, 02:29 AM
RE: New resin Hero sculpts
I soaked them about 3 minutes in Simple Green, then rinsed with water and a toothbrush. Then I used superglue gel to bond them. This worked like a charm for assembling mine.

Hope that works for you!
03-26-2016, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2016 03:44 PM by Anim8r.)
Simple Green did the trick! I soaked them for a few hours just to be sure. Also, glue wise, I used Loctite Ultra Gel which worked great for holding the tiny hands etc in place on its own without me having to try to hold them in place until it started to dry.

Here are what they look like, pre painted (Rancher is primed already though, sorry)

Female Indian Scout:
[Image: Indian%20Scout.jpg]

Female Gunslinger:
[Image: Gunslinger.jpg]

Bandida:
[Image: Bandida.jpg]

Female US Marshal:
[Image: US%20Marshal.jpg]

Male Rancher:
[Image: Rancher.jpg]

Female Lawman:
[Image: Lawman.jpg]

Piano Player:
[Image: Piano%20Player.jpg]

Nun:
[Image: Nun.jpg]
03-26-2016, 08:44 PM
Glad it worked I may need to pick up some when Wave 2 finally is delivered.
Love the Nun with the Gun.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-26-2016, 09:14 PM
(03-26-2016 08:44 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Glad it worked I may need to pick up some when Wave 2 finally is delivered.
Love the Nun with the Gun.

OD

I've affectionately named her Sister Abigail and plan to do a 2 hero solo campaign with her as a Redemptionist and my Firebrand Preacher, Father Hezekiah Zombie03