Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
New scenario - Rescue at Dawn
02-21-2011, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2011 12:46 AM by elwatoplus.)
New scenario - Rescue at Dawn
Hi, this is my second thread based on my previous one: “New Layout (Base for Labyrinth Scenario)”. In the first thread you could see the layout bigger than in this scenario. In case you don´t want to take all your boards from the box to see how it would look like.

This is the second version of a scenario that I called “Rescue at Dawn” (any suggestions for a fancier name?), and it revolves around the idea of a layout that allows the 9 boards to be in play and force all the Heroes to go through them all. The idea is to recreate a mission, like the ones in Resident Evil 2. It also plays with the idea of spending a night in a zombie infested town, waiting for sunrise to be rescued.

Let me know what you think about it. It´s a very simple scenario, and as I told you before, the best thing about it is the layout of the boards.
If you find any typos or grammatical errors let me know as I can fix them easily. Also feel free to re-write any text on it, for it to sound more “professional”. I haven´t played it yet, so I don´t know if 16 turns are too much or too little, but that can be fixed easily.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2011, 07:55 AM
RE: New scenario - Rescue at Dawn
Nice!! Im gonna try this senario out as soon as i can.
Good Work!

/Cimex

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
02-22-2011, 01:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2011 01:43 AM by robottroubles.)
What's the deal with The Masked Angel? I don't see how he has anything to do with the scenario, is it just an in-joke or something?
edit: never mind, I missed the explanation above the scenario. This looks good, maybe a place to use all 21 zombies and well-stocked buildings.
02-22-2011, 01:52 AM
Escape through the windows could bypass the whole thing. Do you have any special rules for that? I like the layout though!

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-22-2011, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2011 02:39 AM by elwatoplus.)
(02-22-2011 01:41 AM)robottroubles Wrote:  What's the deal with The Masked Angel? I don't see how he has anything to do with the scenario, is it just an in-joke or something?
edit: never mind, I missed the explanation above the scenario. This looks good, maybe a place to use all 21 zombies and well-stocked buildings.

You are right. The wrestler is more like a joke. It could have been Charlie Sheen the one in the rescue team and the outcome would have been the same. I might remove him. As for the usage of the 21 zombies that would be cool.
(02-22-2011 01:52 AM)D153453D Wrote:  Escape through the windows could bypass the whole thing. Do you have any special rules for that? I like the layout though!

“Escape through the Windows” is a powerful card. However, since you have to end your movement not in a building space, with this layout, the options are not that many. Besides that, in many places where that card can be used you have to pass through spawning pits.
02-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Ok, I took out the wrestler that came in the pick-up truck to save the survivors at the end.
02-23-2011, 06:47 AM
This board setup rules! This scenario seems like a lot of fun. I think I will try it out next time we play and let you know what happens. Thanks for posting this for everyone.
02-23-2011, 07:14 AM
BRILLIANT!! I effing love this scenario! Nice job!
02-23-2011, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2011 08:13 AM by robottroubles.)
What's your opinion on zombies moving through the wall of one building directly into another adjacent building? For example, can a zombie move from the plant directley into the Drug Store? I'd say it follows the letter of the rules, but maybe not the spirit. I really like these configurations where the zombies can spawn from all over the place instead of just coming from the corners. Need to figure out who has a big enough table and give this a try. Also, any Special Scenario Rules that seem best for this?
Edit: Also, good job using Brideston from Rachelle's bio! Always love those little nods to continuity.
02-24-2011, 01:38 AM
we are going to play this one tonight! I love the set up.