Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to A Touch Of Evil
03-10-2011, 03:28 AM
RE: New to A Touch Of Evil
(03-09-2011 07:50 PM)munkymuddface Wrote:  Pfr - I think you may have been thinking of the cards Tools of Science and Runic Amulet that allow you to use Spirit or Cunning in place of Combat.

Yes...that is exactly what I was thinking. Sorry for my mix-up!

03-10-2011, 06:20 PM
So, the two games that I have played (4 player, competetive) each lasted a little over 2 hours. I understand that the Something Wicked expansion adds an additional game board, more characters, and villains. I'm just curious, how much time do the new elements add to a game?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Well, the Shadow Track still moves at roughly the same pace. If you have methods for holding back the track with proper cards, it can add time as you explore the new map. New characters and villains... less so. In fact, a couple of the villains (notably the Unspeakable Horror and the Bog Fiend) kind of pressure you to move faster, as bad stuff starts happening all over the map the longer you wait. New characters don't add any time -- just some very fun variation. I strongly recommend the expansions for this game - Something Wicked and the Hero Pack both add a ton. The Allies card expansion is quite fun, too, as is the Madness expansion.

I'm very much looking forward to the next expansion for this game...
03-12-2011, 08:31 AM
So it sounds like the expansions add more elements without adding significant time to the gameplay - I like that.

Already picked up the hero pack at my local gaming store. Havent seen something wicked there yet, so I think I am going to use the $5 madness online coupon to get it...
03-24-2011, 12:09 AM
is it worth buying?
03-24-2011, 01:50 AM
(03-24-2011 12:09 AM)jeffwithpower Wrote:  is it worth buying?

Very much so! I have only played a handful of games, with and without the expansions. the base game is excellent on its own, and hero pack and something wicked just add to the excellence.