Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Night That The Living Dread -Scanrio + New Scenario Rules
03-14-2013, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 05:19 PM by labrys.)
Night That The Living Dread -Scanrio + New Scenario Rules
[Image: NTTLD_Splash2.jpg]
Night That The Living Dread - Scenario

Zombie Army(35), Onslaught, Giant Board, Sundown(5), SpawnOnce, Barricades, Zombie AutoSpawn, Always Zombie Heroes, Item Stash(10), Starting Cards(2).
Optional: CleansingFire
Still deciding Balance: GraveWeapons?, Experience?, Generator(1)?, Heroes Refresh?

You will find out why most scenarios finish before sundown. Heroes get 5 free moves before sundown, when the Zombies start spawning, in force. With a pool of 35 of them! To win Heroes must kill all 35 Zombies from the pool. Once a Zombie is killed they are out of the game!

Board Setup
Giant Board: Select two centre boards (if you have LNOE & Timber peak), one blank centre, one Manor House Center, and randomly select 8 L tiles, putting 4 around each as usual.
[Image: GiantBoard_BEV_sm.jpg]

Zombie Army(35): Create a zombie pool of 35 (14 from LNOE + 14 from Timber Peak + 7 Red from Growing Hunger). For 1 Zombie Player this is simple as that player will get them all. For two Zombie Players, they will have 14 each (borwn or green) and will alternately share the Red Zombies (or “first come first served”: replace red with one fo your dead, once you run out of your colour).

Item Stash: Select After shuffling and placing Hero Deck, discard one at a time until 10 items have been found. These will be placed in the Manor (similar to Manor Deck rule, but entirely items). Mix the discarded back into the Hero Deck.

Sundown: Place the sundial at 5. The Zombies from pool are not placed on the board until the Sun Track reaches zero. After that the only time limit is how long it takes for the Zombies to kill 4 Heroes or the Heroes to kill all the Zombies.

SpawnOnce: Killed Zombies do not return to pool. The only exception to this is for cards like rotting bodies, where they are not actually killed (more like recycled!) so are returned to the Zombie pool.

Onslaught: Start Zombies - 1ZP 3xD6, 2ZP 2xD6+1xD3 each. Spawn Dice (Step 6) - 1ZP 2xD6, 2ZP 1xD6 each.

CleansingFire: to make it a bit harder for Heroes (if they tend to win in this) you can choose CleansingFire; Zombies are returned to pool unless killed by fire or explosives! (possibly gunfire too?)

Spitballing/balancing:
If playing with a generator, any building with generator can ignore light out. Generator can be moved. Takes up two item slots and reduces movement to D3.
If I decide to make grave weapons default to this scenario, then if players don’t own Grave Weapons use Zombie army (42) instead.
Not sure if experience would heavily weight the game it in the hands of the Heroes, since they could ramp up experience quite quickly with 35 Zombies (and Zombies upgrades tend to be one use). It was designed for games with unlimited spawning. Would have to do some more play testing.
I think I'm against heroes refresh. 35 zombies vs a possible 7 heroes might be a bit hard for the Zombie player. If Zombies don't get to refresh why should the Hero's lol.

Currently only played this 3 times (twice as zombies), Me vs my GF. I won each time so balance-wise, not sure if this more to do with players than rules. Need to get some more people round! Did not play with GraveWeapons, Experience, Fire, CleansingFire, or Generators. (did not use any bits of TP bar centre board and 4 L shaped board tiles)

Also deciding how to modifyfor people without all the expansions. Might have to get my Photoshop on! Extra zombie counters? Different board configuration (although if you only have 6 L shapes.. this could be fun!)

I bit the sheriff.. but I did not bite the deputy.

---------------------------------------------------
I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2013, 07:11 AM
RE: Night That The Living Dread -Scanrio + New Scenario Rules
wow. this sounds...intense. I'll try to get my group hip to it in the next couple weeks...

"with just a touch of my burning hand..."
Find all posts by this user
03-14-2013, 02:48 PM
(03-14-2013 07:11 AM)aldrichgreg Wrote:  wow. this sounds...intense. I'll try to get my group hip to it in the next couple weeks...

cheers.. need lots of people to give it a go so I can balance it. let me know how it goes!

I bit the sheriff.. but I did not bite the deputy.

---------------------------------------------------
I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-14-2013, 08:24 PM
I like it! Hopefully I can talk my gameing group into playing this, if I do I well get you some feed back

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille
Find all posts by this user