Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ninja Character Draft. Comments?
09-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Ninja Character Draft. Comments?
Here is my first draft for a Ninja Character. Tried not to overpower him. What do you guys think? Plan to play with him tonight.

Every moment has the potential for the enlightenment in which you seek.

~Bryan
勲刀士, Warrior of the Triumphant Blade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2012, 05:37 PM
RE: Ninja Character Draft. Comments?
Reasonable... no problems with this one...

However a doubt comes to my mind... He starts with first single hand weapon... what do i do with the cards draw to find the first single hand weapon? Re-shuffle or discard?

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
Find all posts by this user
09-16-2012, 07:07 PM
pretty cool..never really thought about ninjas. Maybe u can make Ryo Hayabusa. LNoE Sasuke Edition lol
09-16-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't get stealth offensively. IE: I move and keep moving. I would see stealth as more the Hide effect or corn field effect. Why would a ninja want to be moving around too terribly much? I think moving through walls and doors is more effective at showing their versatility in moving.

j0hnnn, same thing as the revolver. After you find it, then you shuffle.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
09-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Not necessarily meant to be used offensively helps a lot with if the character gets cornered by a large number of zombies it can also help get to a boss character or a scenario specific objective or landmark. I thought about making him immune to the Taken Over zombie card so he could enter buildings and search but decided against it...

I also agree with the reshuffle the deck after finding the weapon.

Thanks for all the feedback. Any other suggestions?

~Bryan
09-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Hey I like the character. I'd use him I think he's cool. I would maybe add something to make him a bit more of an individual. As in different to any other character. He has Amanda's Hide Ability which I totally get. Plus I like the Starting Hand Weapon idea.

How about this. Ability Stealth Kill
If G-Toshi successfully Hides/evades a Zombie attack. He wounds the Zombie on a 6 with 1D6. (This would give him a chance of performing a Stealth Killl and really suits the character)
09-17-2012, 12:41 AM
I have an idea. Perhaps make it two seperate abilities.

WEAK BLITZ - On a roll of 4+ you may fight and continue moving.
WEAK HIDE - May cancel a fight on the roll of 5+

That means blitz can be used on your turn better, but hide is better as it works on both turns.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
09-17-2012, 01:49 AM
Really Like the Stealth Kill Ability that sounds awesome! Would I roll the dice once to use stealth on 4+ then roll again to see if a stealth kill happened on a 6? Or roll one D6 to account for both abilities?
I like this idea very much. Thanks! Samuraitrev!

~Bryan
09-17-2012, 05:41 PM
I like the stealth kill too, but with hide and stealth kill, I think you are a bit overpowered.

You could combine it into one ability, where the d6 roll lets you evade, or on a 6 kill the zombie, that doubles the chance of stealth kill compared to the d6 to hide then the d6 to kill, but it would cut down on the dice rolling.

I actually don't like the free hand weapon to start, as historically Ninja's were less focused on weapons, esp. ones like chainsaw's and baseball bats.

I would second the move through walls ability, something like:

INFILTRATION - May subtract one from movement to move through a wall on a roll of 4+.

This way there is a 50% chance of success, and it costs one movement point either way. I think that would be pretty balanced as moving through walls is sick.

I would rather have a blitz style ability than hide, as thematically I don't see the ninja hiding from zombies as much as moving past them to reach an objective. Here's some ideas I would go for:

MISDIRECTION - May discard an item to move through spaces containing zombies without stopping or fighting.

(distract and sneak past, very ninja, but maybe too heavy on cost, although one item gets you a whole turn of movement)

STEALTH - May subtract one from movement to move through a space containing Zombies without fighting or stopping.

(like the infiltration, lose a movement point to sneak, as the ninja would be taking longer to move through the space)

SILENT KILLER - When stealthing into a space, may end move action to roll a d6 for each zombie, wounding zombie on a 6, then fight normally.

(this let's you give up that movement point for a chance to wound each zombie. Could wound on 5+ if it isn't good enough)

A really powerful Ninja character could involve STEALTH, SILENT KILL and:

AGILITY - When rolling for movement, may roll a second d6 and take the higher of the two, may not give up this move action.

This gives a ninja a higher average movement, but without making him superior for survival deck cards or barricading. Roll one d6 and act normally, or then roll a second to try and get a better roll, but then being unable to give it up to search or barricade.

This would be a more historically based ninja, if you are going for the more pop-culture/movie ninja, then the free weapon and hide/kill moves make more sense.
09-17-2012, 06:05 PM
"Shikin Haramitsu Daikomyo" - Awesome

Good job not making him over-powered, which is sometimes a temptation. I love the card as written, and like it even more with the "Stealth Kill" added. To implement it, I would just add the following text to "Stealth:"

... If a 6 is rolled, you may deal 1 wound to any zombie in your space before finishing your move.