Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No CD with Timber Peak!
04-13-2012, 09:52 PM
No CD with Timber Peak!
The reason is rather sad,Sound Girl can't work a key board.
Here's a Link to her BLOG

No CD with Timber Peak. For the real reason why, you can read it all on my blog, for those who are interested. http://marybethmagallanes.wordpress.com/

Really hope her condition improves.

OD(via BGG)

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2012, 10:41 PM
RE: No CD with Timber Peak!
(04-13-2012 09:52 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  The reason is rather sad,Sound Girl can't work a key board.
Here's a Link to her BLOG

No CD with Timber Peak. For the real reason why, you can read it all on my blog, for those who are interested. http://marybethmagallanes.wordpress.com/

Really hope her condition improves.

OD(via BGG)

Thanks for the kind words, OD!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-14-2012, 01:25 AM
I read your blog and I was greatly saddened. I don't understand why the Docs can't get you in touch with someone who can help. Instead of putting up these walls they should be trying to help. Please don't ever consider yourself as a lesser person than anyone else. You have a gift of playing music that countless people have heard and enjoyed. I still play my Special Ed CD even when I'm not gaming! Don't let it beat you be strong and try to stay positive. I know it's so easily said but I use my mum as an example she was paralysed at 21 years old, I was 3. I remember it. I'm 35 now and I've never heard her complain. You can do this and with courage, hope and support it makes a hell of a difference. As for the supermodels give me someone with your talent + Old Betsy dog drool to hang with anytime. I guess I could have said this in one sentance. Don't give up. From everyone here at TZG thanks for your work so far...

As for the small minority of haters. Screw 'em. PM me or post on here if you want to chat more.
04-14-2012, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2012 10:17 AM by vikinglad.)
Wow. I read through your last several blog entries, and my heart goes out to you, soundgirl. I am a fan of yours. I was blown away when I saw LNOE came with a music CD. I play A Touch of Evil in my car, and it reminds me of playing my favorite game. I got FANG for Christmas, and it is really good too. When I introduce new friends to the games, I always play the soundtracks, and everyone seems to think they are a great idea. Not only that, but you are the most active FFP person on the site. You rock.

You are very talented, and I know way more people that love your music than hate it. Sorry the haters are so vocal. I think it is awesome what you have done. All of the "musicians" I know would love to have a gig like this.

As for your hand pains, all I can say is, you will be in my prayers. Doctors are so frustrating sometimes. I hate to hear of an artist like you that can't make art anymore. Get well soon.
04-14-2012, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2012 11:12 AM by Thraxas.)
I only own Last Night on Earth, getting copies of the other FFP games seems nigh on impossible in Australia, but I enjoyed the soundtrack and liked that one was provided for all the FFP games. It's a nice bonus and I thought it was great way to set the atmosphere. I can't understand why people would complain about something which only adds to the experience.

Also I hope that the doctors can find some way to ease your pain and enable you to continue making music.
04-14-2012, 12:01 PM
I have to add to this as I feel that due to my post in another, related thread, I might be labelled as a hater as you put it. In that other post I mentioned, that I was disappointed with the music on the CD. That does not mean that I hate the inclusion of it, or that we haven't listened to it. I respect everyone capable of making art in any form. I sure as hell can't, and I can't be blaimed for not trying Watchmen02 This post is neither an attempt to take my words back. I stick to my opinion, but that is all it is. Opinions of people shouldn't matter that much, though I do understand the effect of enough bad critique.

I was extremely delighted when I found out that LNoE contained a CD. I thought it was a brilliant idea to add to the gaming experience. I remember thinking that "why didn't we think of this..." While I have not heard the other CDs of other FFP products, this CD did and does enrich our gaming sessions. Because of it, we began searching for background music to begin with. I guess what I am trying to say is, thank you for bringing more atmosphere into our games by introducing us to the idea of backgroung music.

As for your situation, I hope you all the best. Just remember, that all illness, disease and conditions will bring you down *only* if you let them do that. Fight the condition and never forget to live life to the fullest.
04-15-2012, 02:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2012 02:12 AM by mqstout.)
I do hope they at least find the source of the problem -- hopefully and repair it too.

I wasn't so keen on LNOE's soundtrack at first, but it's grown on me. The soundtracks for the other games, though, I do rather enjoy. ATOE's my favorite of the soundtracks and finds itself being played even when I'm not gaming. IFOS' sets the mood quite well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2012, 02:33 AM
(04-15-2012 02:11 AM)mqstout Wrote:  I do hope they at least find the source of the problem -- hopefully and repair it too.

I wasn't so keen on LNOE's soundtrack at first, but it's grown on me. The soundtracks for the other games, though, I do rather enjoy. ATOE's my favorite of the soundtracks and finds itself being played even when I'm not gaming. IFOS' sets the mood quite well.

well when i first bought the games i said im not going to listen to this( i rarely listen to music of this type) but you just have to listen to the sound track when playing its the theme music to our movie.
i love the freakin soundtracks i pray for the best.
04-19-2012, 06:55 PM
I've been away from the boards for some time since my wife and I had our son who is now 2 months old. And I'm saddened to hear of Mary Beth's problems with her hands and that there will be no CD with Timber Peak.

I hope you are able to beat this and are able to play and create music again ESPECIALLY for Flying Frog's games. People suck and will say cruel and mean things and pass harsh judgement around with ease. Eff'em! Stay true to who you are beat this hand pain and come back stronger physically and musically and show them all.

In short get well soon and hope to hear new material from you soon!

Slainte!
CPB

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
06-05-2012, 12:29 PM
I hope you get better soon soundgirl.

I wouldn't listen to the CD haters out there. Personally it's not my kind of music but that doesn't make it bad musically.

I don't see why it wouldn't be included. It's not essential to the game - it's a neat little add-on sure (and its inclusion was one of the reasons I bought LNoE and then AToE), but the game functions perfectly well without it. I really wish some people would realise that just because they don't use it doesn't mean there isn't plenty of other people who do.