Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No CD with Timber Peak!
06-08-2012, 05:15 PM
RE: No CD with Timber Peak!
I always enjoy the soundtracks and always play them while the game is going on. It's always made for a unique element of the game. (Of course, unique often means some people are going to freak out, but the less said about them, the better.)

That said, I will do without on the new games for a while while Mary Beth focuses on getting better. I really hope she improves soon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Besides the injustice made with Soundgirl...

Worst part is my Special soundtrack cd will auto destroy being play'd over and over again on my games...

Your work is damn good Mary Beth Magallanes don't pay attention to the haters... it is simply not worth it...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
06-11-2012, 06:30 PM
As great as it is to be unique and include a CD, I thought it could have been done better.

I would have liked to seen only 4-5 tracks but longer tracks with titles to match scenarios and to be played on loop. Ambient music is a huge plus when RPing or playing a zombie board game. Listening to a CD with varied tracks... less so.

That being said, it is a shame she wont be able to give it another go for the new expansion due to her health problem. I hope she gets well soon and maybe she might here this suggestion.
09-20-2012, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2012 01:28 AM by Talos.)
I too was saddened to hear of Mary Beth's health issues, and I hope that something can be done to allow you to enjoy your craft pain-free once again. Perhaps if the situation does improve, we might see a TP special edition soundtrack release at some later stage. I'll be in the line to buy it for sure.

One thing that really gets me angry is seeing the bile that some posters on BGG heap on the soundtracks. They have been a wonderful inclusion for the games IMHO, and I feel it is entirely unnecessary to be so callous with ones words when commenting. I'm a great believer in constructive criticism, and the golden rule that if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all.

The soundtracks have a 'chamber orchestra' sound, obviously due to budgetary constraints. It's not like FFP are going to hire a symphony orchestra. That would blow the cost of the game out. The inclusion of the soundtrack complements the 'B-movie' tone of the games and further adds to the 'dripping with theme' feel of the game.

I have enjoyed each of the soundtracks I've got, and bought the LNoE and AToE special edition discs too. While I understand that they may not be to everyone's taste, the callous nature of the vitriole spewed up on forums has just been cruel.

I sincerely hope things improve for Mary Beth. I can think of nothing worse than being denied the opportunity to do something you really love. I've had a recent scare with my vision (notching on the periphery of my optic nerve) and am on Glaucoma watch (regular peripheral vision and aqueous pressure tests) to try and avoid any further degeneration of my vision. I love to build model kits, and paint them, and gaming miniatures too. I've had to step up the strength of my reading glasses and buy a strong light to work under, and I'm still painting. The thought of being cut off from that hobby, as well as reading, watching movies, and so many other things we take for granted, fills me with dread.
I didn't spill all that for sympathy, just wanted to emphasize how precious some things that we enjoy are, and how unexpectedly and quickly they can be compromised.
09-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Well put Talos.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-20-2012, 10:33 PM
(09-20-2012 11:34 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Well put Talos.

OD
I agree, thank you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-21-2012, 04:07 AM
Heck, I put on the ATOE soundtrack to listen to when I painted some interior rooms of my house. It's good music to listen to, not just to game to.

I hope Mary Beth finds help for her hands so she can continue doing what she loves.
09-24-2012, 02:42 AM
When I heard about the CD included in ATOE I thought: odd but fun. When I went to put it in in front of the players assembled...I feared it would be lame. ...... I loved it. It brought another sense into the game. The themes were complimentary to the feel of the story being created and so added to the fun. Soundgirl...you are great.

09-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Just saying, I've kept the CDs in my car for the CD player rotation while I'm driving.

I'm a genuine fan.

Very sad to hear about Mary Beth's health issues, in part because it's robbing us of a CD and in part because it's robbing her of the ability to make music.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-15-2013, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2013 03:07 PM by spiritusXmachina.)
It's sad that the web gives some people the illusion that it does not matter how rude they load off their opinion. It's just as if they would be driving in their cars and give the other drivers names and let their darkest side out sure that no one hears them. The Web is different and they are heard indeed!

Heads up, Sound Girl! I found it a great idea to put in a Soundtrack to LNoE and I'll be missing it in Timber Peak. Still I am hoping the frogs would take some money in the hand go the other way and made a piece of your music into an orchestra recording just for downloading!