Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Noise Rule Discussion
04-04-2013, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 10:11 PM by deepfreeze.)
Noise Rule Discussion
Use this thread to discuss a possible noise rule.

My thoughts:

1) Almost any potential problem could be solved by simply making whatever rules we come up with optional for the zombie player. At the very least it needs to be clear that guns can only be fired at zombies

2) I think that noise rules should never overpower zombie hunger.

3) I imagine it would be something that allows zombies to get a free move during the hero turn when guns are fired if certain conditions are met.
-For one if you are within one space of a hero and they fire a gun you could simply move into that space.
-Gun shots within a room could give zombies in that same room a free move toward that hero.
-Gunshots outside could give zombies outside a free move toward that hero.

4) I think it would get needlessly complicated to start talking about noise going through buildings. I would vote that zombies only hear gunshots in their room or outside.

5) The other possibility to consider is a Hero in a building shooting at a zombie outside of the building or vice/versa.
-I would vote that zombies within the range of the gun get the free move.

Alternatively

The simplest way to make the rule would be.

1) All Zombies within range of the gun move one space toward the hero. (still not overpowering zombie hunger)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: Noise Rule Discussion
We did have someone else suggest this very idea, and I don't think it was too long ago (relatively speaking).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2013, 03:02 AM
Yeah im onboard with this. This always comes up and never seems to go anywhere. If all the action is going on in the bottom right of the board and new nombies spawn in the upper left what reason other than noise would get them into the mix.. I think zombie hunger trumps all movement period, that's just gospel. However I dont think that the player that makes zombies run away (while he is in control of them) isnt playing them right. This almost has its own balance built in. everytime a gun or loud noise occurs the zeds in range get a free movement. what they need cards too?? I think movement is balance enough, tough part is range. Personally I think a gunshot should be radial off the character so many spaces, lets say 6 for shits and giggles chainsaw should be half that, explosion of any kind entire board. just a suggestion and a place to start.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
04-05-2013, 08:16 AM
(04-04-2013 10:58 PM)mqstout Wrote:  We did have someone else suggest this very idea, and I don't think it was too long ago (relatively speaking).

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ts-zombies

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"