Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not all fans are created equal
09-13-2010, 04:59 AM
Not all fans are created equal
So Flying Frog has mailed out some free gifts to their . . . preferred fans. A few loudmouths over on BGG are bragging about it, but won't say what they got. It's really driving me nuts.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/5628...-love-ffp-

I'm not upset at all about not getting whatever it is -- they as a company can reward whoever they like, and I don't feel like they had to. I more just want to know what it is. However, it does beg the question . . . exactly what does it take to be a super-fan? I've every item they have for sale (aside from the T-shirts and posters), and every promo card and promo item released so far. I've bought everything from them directly. I don't get it sometimes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2010, 06:08 AM
RE: Not all fans are created equal
(09-13-2010 04:59 AM)theconcerned Wrote:  So Flying Frog has mailed out some free gifts to their . . . preferred fans. A few loudmouths over on BGG are bragging about it, but won't say what they got. It's really driving me nuts.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/5628...-love-ffp-

I'm not upset at all about not getting whatever it is -- they as a company can reward whoever they like, and I don't feel like they had to. I more just want to know what it is. However, it does beg the question . . . exactly what does it take to be a super-fan? I've every item they have for sale (aside from the T-shirts and posters), and every promo card and promo item released so far. I've bought everything from them directly. I don't get it sometimes.

Well, the OP over on BGG freaked out and pulled his post due to all the attention he's got over this (what did he expect)? Basically, he said that Flying Frog had sent him a "thank you" promotional item in the mail for being "a loyal fan from the start." I think that's swell and I'm totally ok with that -- what annoyed me is that he (and another poster who got the gift as well) carried on about it but wouldn't say what they got.

Did anybody over here get it? Anybody care to share?
09-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Random acts of kindness/thanks are fine in my book. As long as they're not exclusives the rest of us never have a chance at! A couple promo cards that will be available later? No problem! A Billy inflatable doll? I need that, or else!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Meh, there will also be some guy spouting special treatment when it isn't really.

They were also saying that orders placed for IFOS with other stuff that that FFP sent the other stuff seperately rather than waiting... Wow. True treatment.
09-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Sounds like those people over at board game geek are jerk holes.
09-15-2010, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2010 01:17 AM by Old Dwarf.)
(09-13-2010 08:40 PM)thegamelord Wrote:  Sounds like those people over at board game geek are jerk holes.

Well Not All of UsInsane21

But a fair amount of "Nerd Rage" does exist:zombie18:

OD

PS I went over to BGG & read the Thread ,it seems the problem is the no one is telling
what they got.....not realy worth the energy expended UNLESS it's the Lucrezia blow uo doll!!!!!

PSS:I wonder if Sarku got something? (and not telling)

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-15-2010, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2010 09:51 AM by Old Dwarf.)
(09-15-2010 01:03 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  
(09-13-2010 08:40 PM)thegamelord Wrote:  Sounds like those people over at board game geek are jerk holes.

But a fair amount of "Nerd Rage" does exist .

OD

PS I went over to BGG & read the Thread ,it seems the problem is the no one is telling
what they got.....not realy worth the energy expended UNLESS it's the Lucrezia blow up doll!!!!!

Yes, I will admit I fell victim to the dreaded Nerd Rage -- or at least, the Nerd Mild Annoyance. For me, it was never about the fact that someone got something -- it's that they got something, talked about it pubicly, but won't actually say what it is.
09-16-2010, 04:13 AM
(09-15-2010 02:25 AM)theconcerned Wrote:  

But a fair amount of "Nerd Rage" does exist .

OD

what they got.....not realy worth the energy expended UNLESS it's the Lucrezia blow up doll!!!!!

Yes, I will admit I fell victim to the dreaded Nerd Rage -- or at least, the Nerd Mild Annoyance. For me, it was never about the fact that someone got something -- it's that they got something, talked about it pubicly, but won't actually say what it is.

People that do that are tools and it shows just how immature they are. Don't sweat it.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
09-16-2010, 11:27 AM

But a fair amount of "Nerd Rage" does exist:zombie18:

It sure does. It's not much fun to come to a different forum and find the same insulting attitude that was vented at BGG towards 2 guys that only had good intentions!

To quote a BGG user who saw the truth in the situation "No good deed goes unpunished"...