Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Number Of Zombie VS Number Of Heroes
11-19-2015, 05:28 PM
RE: Number Of Zombie VS Number Of Heroes
Got a few more questions about this scenario I want to run.

1) I want to have 16 heroes in this scenario. Is 55 zombies a good number to have or is it overpowered? I figure 11 zombies for roughly every 3 heroes. The 5th player would have 4 heroes to make it 16. It would be spread out over the tiles for LNOE and GH.
2) I plan on having 5 zombie players with 11 zombies each. How many cards would be a good number for each zombie player to have in their hand?
3) Would it be better for the zombies to roll for spawning or should I have them autospawn? If they roll, I assume they would need to roll 2D6 since they have 11 zombies each in their pool.
4) I think it is 5 dots for every extra hero after the first 4. This would make it 60 dots. The Zombie Horde (21) is 4 dots but I plan on Zombie Horde (55). Any idea what the dot count on that would be?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2015, 03:12 PM
Any advice on my questions?
11-23-2015, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2015 07:00 PM by samuraitrev.)
(11-19-2015 05:28 PM)jlafan2001 Wrote:  Got a few more questions about this scenario I want to run.

1) I want to have 16 heroes in this scenario. Is 55 zombies a good number to have or is it overpowered? I figure 11 zombies for roughly every 3 heroes. The 5th player would have 4 heroes to make it 16. It would be spread out over the tiles for LNOE and GH.

I have no idea if this will work. I can only suggest trying it and enjoying the carnage. Whatever happens will help you decide to use more or less Zombies next time.

If you take Die Zombie Die as an example you can only lose 2 Heroes balanced by having to kill 15 Zombies.
So the balance is suggested 1 Hero = 7.5 Zombies
So in your case 16 x 7.5 = 120 Zombies!!!

Hope this helpsWatchmen02

(11-19-2015 05:28 PM)jlafan2001 Wrote:  2) I plan on having 5 zombie players with 11 zombies each. How many cards would be a good number for each zombie player to have in their hand?

Still 4 cards, I wouldn't change that mechanic. The Zombies can share the 4 Zombie Cards.

(11-19-2015 05:28 PM)jlafan2001 Wrote:  3) Would it be better for the zombies to roll for spawning or should I have them autospawn? If they roll, I assume they would need to roll 2D6 since they have 11 zombies each in their pool.

I think Zombies should roll for Spawning. Just 2D6 for the total amount of Zombies on the board. Another mechanic I wouldn't change.

Autospawn or each Zombie player rolling to Spawn for their Zombies will a) eat up lots of time and b) the Heroes will have no hope at all...

(11-19-2015 05:28 PM)jlafan2001 Wrote:  4) I think it is 5 dots for every extra hero after the first 4. This would make it 60 dots. The Zombie Horde (21) is 4 dots but I plan on Zombie Horde (55). Any idea what the dot count on that would be?

Going from 14 Zombies to 21 = 4****
so the 7 extra Zombies = 4****

You want to add a further 34 Zombies.
so
21 Zombies + 4 dots
+7 extra Zombies = 8 dots in total = 28 Zombies
+ 7 extra Zombies = 12 dots in total = 35 Zombies (close enough)

In short it should be a dot cost of 12 to have 55 Zombies on the board. I think I got the maths right but I doubt that's going to work in practice. to actually get the point cost even you would have to keep going

+ 7 extra Zombies = 16 dots in total = 42 Zombies
+ 7 extra Zombies = 20 dots in total = 49 Zombies
multiply the above by 3
+21 extra Zombies = 60 dots in total = 147 Zombies!!!!Zombie13Zombie13Zombie13

To be honest don't worry about the dot cost just try this out and watch the blood flow. Game testing will help you balance things.

hope all this helps (goes off to restWatchmen02 )
11-23-2015, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the help, samuraitrev

I suppose I should explain my reasoning behind my numbers.

1) The reason why I chose 55 is because the base game has 14 zombies for 4 heroes. If I have 16 heroes then I figured 14 x 4 = 56. I wanted to have 5 players so that math wouldn't work. I decided to have 11 zombies each for 5 players making it 55 which is close enough to 56.

2) I also chose 4 cards per zombie player because I thought lowering the limit would unbalance things since 16 heroes would be searching and picking up cards more often than the zombies would be.

3) When you say "Just 2D6 for the total amount of Zombies on the board", do you mean per player or in general? Eventually wouldn't it be impossible to roll for spawning with that many zombies? I didn't think that would work and I thought the autospawn would work better. Either that or each player would roll for the total amount of their zombies.

4) I would only figure the amount of dots for the 55 zombies. I would then supplement the rest with things like Grave Dead, Grave Weapons, Lights out etc to make it to 60 dots.
11-23-2015, 07:47 PM
(11-23-2015 07:34 PM)jlafan2001 Wrote:  Thanks for the help, samuraitrev

I suppose I should explain my reasoning behind my numbers.

1) The reason why I chose 55 is because the base game has 14 zombies for 4 heroes. If I have 16 heroes then I figured 14 x 4 = 56. I wanted to have 5 players so that math wouldn't work. I decided to have 11 zombies each for 5 players making it 55 which is close enough to 56.

2) I also chose 4 cards per zombie player because I thought lowering the limit would unbalance things since 16 heroes would be searching and picking up cards more often than the zombies would be.

3) When you say "Just 2D6 for the total amount of Zombies on the board", do you mean per player or in general? Eventually wouldn't it be impossible to roll for spawning with that many zombies? I didn't think that would work and I thought the autospawn would work better. Either that or each player would roll for the total amount of their zombies.

4) I would only figure the amount of dots for the 55 zombies. I would then supplement the rest with things like Grave Dead, Grave Weapons, Lights out etc to make it to 60 dots.

3) I meant in general. Yes it would be impossible to get any more Zombies for a good while. This would give the Heroes a possible chance of surviving/winning

I think the Heroes are going to get absolutely massacred but it will be fun to see which Hero lives the longest. I would like to hear how it goes.
11-23-2015, 07:58 PM
The object of the scenario would be to start at the corners of the map similar to the "all Hallow's Eve II" board. The heroes would have to collect the Townsfolk on each map tile and get to the Manor House. Once there, they will have to fully barricade the house and survive until morning. Perhaps, I can add Townsfolk Allies to the rules to give the heroes a better chance. I think I would also have to add the Timber Peak maps or the heroes won't be able to move.