Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wass Sup?
08-16-2021, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2021 06:14 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Wass Sup?
OK-this place has been dead for days Zombie12 So I figure
you must have something going on this Summer.

I'm just here on my Lap Top (3/4 of a screen thanks to a spill
a few years ago) watching my main PC trying to pull out of
a circle of death(it keeps turning on & off).

Yesterday there was a brief break in the humidity so I weeded
the front flower beds totally wore myself out (at my age it
doesn't take much Zombie20 )

I'm playing Bayonets & Tomahawks a truly brilliant Board
Game of the French & Indian War( one of the best War
Games in terms of historical Forces & mechanics that really
reflect the problems of warfare in the period (mid 18th Century)
in which it's set. Each Turn represents a year with monthly
action rounds + Winter quarters.I play 1 Action Round a
day (I'm currently on 1776 Action Round 2)so this should
take me through the remainder of the Summer.

So if anyone stops by(well I figure Sarku is spending the
Summer at his Villia in the South of France) please fill
me in on your Summer.

OD

PS I got my Main PC working again but I had to put everything to the
starting default settings.So I lost all my bookmarks & passwords.So
I'll spend of time getting things back.

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2021, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2021 02:47 PM by BigDumbYak.)
RE: Wass Sup?
Man my summer has been mostly work and then after work, working on the house.
We bought a second house (i know it sounds posh, but really its cheaper than renting or commuting) since my wife works in a town about 100km from where I work.
The rental market there is STUPID and 200km/day (about 2.5hrs total) driving really adds up to no warranty really fast.
So any homeowner knows this one: "Man whoever built/repaired/changed this sure was an idiot..." repairs are everywhere.

Gaming wise we havent really played any board games in ages. Lots of Forza 4 and WatchDogs Legion though.

It's been pretty hot and crappy here this summer with temps frequently hitting 35°C. Central Air conditioning keeps me alive. its ranked right up there with food/water.

Oh and we got a puppy back in November and hes the absolute best. Miniature Dachshund named Turbo Enix. Most people assume we called him Turbo because he's fast AF, but its really because i'm a big nerd whose friends were mostly SNES games growing up.

My Boy: https://www.instagram.com/turbo_the_doxie/
His Namesake: https://isthisfunyet.tumblr.com/post/286...bo-the-dog

Nerd Alert lol.

OH! and user geekinjenkins grabbed some of my templates from me to work on his Buffy stuff, but that got my creative needs going so I've been playing with that a little bit here and there too. Really looking forward to what he come up with!

Samples of my 'doodling': https://imgur.com/a/D4u8xhy
08-17-2021, 12:32 AM
Turbo is mega cool. My son has a mimi doxie.

OD

08-22-2021, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2021 03:50 PM by Raynor.)
Started a new job 3 weeks ago so been pretty hyper focused on learning a new skill set and don't expect that to ease up anytime soon.

Did get a few games of FanG in with my son last night and this afternoon. He really enjoys it, though we generally pare it down to end after hunting just the first 4 treasures. The coop version especially can go on for quite a while.

Definitely enjoying the cooler days though. We went on a walk today, taking advantage of the break in heat. Looking forward to the shift in weather as autumn rolls in and AToE weather begins.

My last painting project is still just hanging out half finished.
08-22-2021, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2021 03:53 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Yes Fall PLEASE...... The Damn Humidity & 90+ Temps are really getting to me. I guess I'm lucky to
be in So.Jersey (cultural wasteland though it may be) considering the weather the rest of the US is getting.
But I like to take a walk for an hour or so in the morning & it's been weeks since I've been able to do so
because of the heat.

I know the AToE feeling when the air turns crisp & I need to decide which Game to get out first..AtoE,Arkham Horror 3,
Court of the Dead-Mourners Call, Evil High Priest,Cthulhu:Death may Die ,Eldritch Horror, Mansions of Madness2* ?

OD

* I'm mistaken it's MoM 1-I'm not an APP person.

08-22-2021, 03:49 PM
So many good options! My friend has really been pushing for some MoM2 lately, and he's been a fan since 1st edition so is the keeper of all things Mansions right now. He is the big Kickstarter guy in our group so it feels like we're trying a new game almost Everytime we get together and consequently were all missing some classic favorites.

My AToE group was really taken in by wingspan this year. I love birds and all but I'm definitely going to try to use the shift in season to bring my favorite gothic horror game back into rotation. I don't think we've played since Christmas, when we did a game featuring Krampus. Ill play games with my kids but only using base game rules so I miss some of the more fun advanced villains.

Good luck with those repairs BDY. I don't envy the responsibility of maintenance on a second house.
08-23-2021, 08:49 PM
I've been on holiday to Scotland for the past 12 days. We visited Edinburgh and I was forced to test the local beers and several Whiskys. I took D&D all 3 books and tried to get my head around it. Unfortunately it fried my mind. I wish I knew someone nearby who could teach it me. Although it does seem a huge time investment which I don't really have.

My 2 sons have gotten into Warhammer and I've been painting figures with them and teaching them a few painting tricks. I keep looking for FANG but I can't find the base game anywhere.

I haven't played a board game for a few weeks now but I'm starting to crave one. It'll probably be AToE, LNoE or Dead of Winter.

I hope you're all doing well out there. Happy gaming allWatchmen02
08-23-2021, 10:56 PM
I just hate it when I'm forced to test out local beers & Whiskys ! D&D is madness many many many moons ago
I did their version of the Empire of the Petal Throne (hence my devotion to Sarku-Copper Kettle Clan) & Greyhawk
(which also had a cool board Game that I lost somewhere in the estate sale/move a few years ago.)

Now days my brain fries easily so I feel your pain.

OD

09-21-2021, 05:41 PM
I haven't had time to play D&D since we had kids if I'm being honest. There have been attempts but board games just do it better when you don't have a key person willing to consistently lay out the massive time commitment needed for an actual good campaign.

Its like the difference between buying a house and building a house. Is the customization worth the time commitment?