Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OMG, Did I crash the database?
02-04-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: OMG, Did I crash the database?
I too was heart broken to come by and see the bad news. I come here almost every day. I LOVE this website and I love how it helps to keep my Last Night On Earth obsession going strong.

I kept coming back that day, and was happy to see it quickly update that we were going to be okay, it was just going to take time. At the time, it said it could be a few weeks. That was going to be hard to take, but it was better than having to lose the site altogether.

But, then I came back later the next day and it was already back! Even in the relatively short time I have been here, this site has become one of my favorite places on the interwebs. It is one of the only sites I visit on an almost daily basis.

Money has been pretty tight lately, but when I finally have some spare greenage, I have been DYING (no pun intended) to donate to this site. Anything to help keep us up and running for as long as possible.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 02:48 AM
I was like well hell what do I do now...where will I go with my LNoE questions.
02-05-2013, 04:41 AM
(02-05-2013 02:48 AM)alderdust Wrote:  I was like well hell what do I do now...where will I go with my LNoE questions.

still dunno what to do about my missing posts or rep Insane19
02-05-2013, 09:31 PM
(02-05-2013 02:48 AM)alderdust Wrote:  I was like well hell what do I do now...where will I go with my LNoE questions.

LOL! I hear you on that. I was kind of like "Ohhh... man! Does this mean I have to get a life now?" LOL!

(02-05-2013 04:41 AM)sdmfcrypticrob Wrote:  still dunno what to do about my missing posts or rep Insane19

Yeah, I hear you on that. I think there were a few posts of mine that got lost. :-( Sad panda. But, there was only so much they could do in this case. I am just so happy to have the site back, not to mention so quickly, and with such minimal loss of posts and stuff. It could have been much worse.
02-06-2013, 03:11 AM
(02-05-2013 04:41 AM)sdmfcrypticrob Wrote:  still dunno what to do about my missing posts or rep Insane19

Yeah, I hear you on that. I think there were a few posts of mine that got lost. :-( Sad panda. But, there was only so much they could do in this case. I am just so happy to have the site back, not to mention so quickly, and with such minimal loss of posts and stuff. It could have been much worse.
[/quote]

likewise man, likewise
02-06-2013, 06:41 PM
If not for the courage of a fearless few, thezombiegame.com would be lost. Thezombiegame.com would be lost.

There was a chance that I wouldn't have gotten ANYTHING back. So, yeah, it could have been completely the worst possible scenario ever. Five years of tzg.com lost.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2013, 09:13 PM
(02-06-2013 06:41 PM)Sarku Wrote:  If not for the courage of a fearless few, thezombiegame.com would be lost. Thezombiegame.com would be lost.

Does this mean we can call you Skipper now?
02-06-2013, 10:21 PM
(02-06-2013 09:13 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 06:41 PM)Sarku Wrote:  If not for the courage of a fearless few, thezombiegame.com would be lost. Thezombiegame.com would be lost.

Does this mean we can call you Skipper now?

Who would be Gilligan? LOL! And obviously it must be the Professor who fixed the site... with the help of Mr. Howell's money, of course. ;-)

Seriously, though, SOOO thankful that we got the site back, and that the loss was minimal. Thank you SOOO much, Sarku, and thank you SOOO much to all who helped to bring it back!
02-07-2013, 10:22 AM
I call the surfer guy who showed up on the island once
02-07-2013, 02:27 PM
(02-06-2013 10:21 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Seriously, though, SOOO thankful that we got the site back, and that the loss was minimal. Thank you SOOO much, Sarku, and thank you SOOO much to all who helped to bring it back!

You know it's OCD behavior when you keep coming back to a down site every 10 minutes to see if it is up again.