Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Occupants of the Manor House???
03-16-2023, 10:53 PM
Occupants of the Manor House???
This has probably already been discussed at some point, but do we have any idea what's up with the Manor House in the middle of Woodenvale? Lore-wise, I mean. Is there any indication of who might own the place/live there?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2023, 12:56 PM
RE: Occupants of the Manor House???
(03-16-2023 10:53 PM)Russ Wrote:  This has probably already been discussed at some point, but do we have any idea what's up with the Manor House in the middle of Woodenvale? Lore-wise, I mean. Is there any indication of who might own the place/live there?

I mean, that's a GREAT question Watchmen02 I never thought about it for some reason.
03-17-2023, 02:23 PM
Damn now i need to know.
Almost makes me want to reactivate my Twitter account since the Frogs seem to respond on there...
03-18-2023, 03:06 AM
I was looking through the character bios, and I do see that prom queen, Amanda is the "daughter of one of the wealthiest families in town." I suppose her family might own the manor house. She's the only character portrayed as coming from a rich family, so I feel like it's the obvious answer. But it sort of annoys me that her family is said to be "one of" the wealthiest in town. Wouldn't the owners of this grand manor that stands in the center of town likely be THE wealthiest? I'm probably just nitpicking there.

I did wonder if maybe the wealthy owners of the house, made some of their fortune from the lumber/mining operations in the nearby town of Timber Peak. But it mentions in Alice's bio that she and her brother were sort of adopted by the logging crews of "her father's sawmill." If her family were the wealthy heirs to a lumber fortune, it doesn't feel likely that she'd be slaving away at the 'Log Jam' diner.

I guess the simplest explanation is that Amanda's family are indeed the wealthiest people around and live in the manor house.

So NOW I'm left wondering who owns and operates the sawmill, since Alice's father and older brother are both dead and it seems implied that her mother was already out of the picture...
03-18-2023, 12:42 PM
So logic implies Alice is a Timber Baroness.

OD

PS-Good to see you back Russ.

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-18-2023, 03:11 PM
Is being an inquisitive sleuth nitpicky? Nay sir! Keep building out the LNoE Mythos lol
03-18-2023, 07:15 PM
Thanks Watchmen02

That's what I'm sort of saying about Alice! ...Except she doesn't seem like one. And of course, you could be a "timber baroness" and still work as a waitress. But These games are sort of based on old cheezy horror flick tropes, and I feel like "diner waitress" fits that fine but "diner waitress who low-key owns the town" feels too outside the box. I dunno, am I crazy?

(don't answer that :P)