Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Can we do it?
Yeah! I'm in
No, it'll never fly
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Officially creating cards
02-15-2009, 05:47 AM
RE: Officially creating cards
deadrabbit Wrote:how come you cant even look at are ideas, seems like someones looking at mine, two of my cards were made in the last supplement. which i am very happy about.

That would be exactly why. They could (almost 100% are) develop the same idea concurrently...and then someone who posted a card or what have you on this site then claims that Flying Frog ripped off their idea for their own profit.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2009, 08:08 PM
RE: Officially creating cards
soundgirl Wrote:
gameroony Wrote:Would it be possible to create all these fantastic ideas that people have posted into physical cards and such? A group project if you will. Get everyone's ideas together and whomever is in charge here at the forums makes the executive decisions as to what passes and possibly contact the makers of the game so that we make legal arrangements and then the new expansion pack we create could be sold to help fund this site too. What do we think? Possible?

I'm sorry, but unfortunately I think it is impossible. A) Legal issues. B) EXPENSE. C) TIME. To make new LNOE cards that are exactly like the ones in the game, you would have to go through the same factory, but do it in MUCH lower quanties, which would make the cost per card REALLY high. I'm not sure what that would be, but say it's $0.50 a card by the time you get the paper, add the film costs, ship it via boat or air. That doesn't include the cost to get models, take pictures, fix pictures, test for workability in the game and balance in the decks, and formatting, that we don't have time for. We can't sell it to you because of legal issues but it's really expensive and the time we put in to doing it means you don't have new games come out on time. I can tell you right now, it's not gonna work. Here's what you can do though, put your cards in sleeves (colored backed), that way you can have as many custom ones as you want without revealing when a custom card comes up. Because of legal issues we can't even read custom cards or game submissions that are posted here, BGG, or to our e-mails directly. We love the idea that people are making the game their own, but legally we can't even look at what's being done. We encourage you to continue making custom cards, characters, and game variants, and thank you for enjoying and supporting the games.

Whoops! I just sent the "admin" email account and email with suggestions. Guess I shouldn't expect a response. Better yet, I don't need one, apparently what I'm looking for is already happening in the next expansion. Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply