Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oh, those poor heros.
07-08-2008, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2008 12:33 AM by supervike.)
Oh, those poor heros.
After playing around 5 games on the DIE ZOMBIE DIE scenario, it is really apparent the Heroes are helpless in that game.

Maybe it has been my terrible luck at rolling dice, but it seems that for every zombie I kill with a gun, I lose that gun as it runs out of ammo.

Anyhow, the goal being kill 15 zombies seems almost undoable.

Anyone tweak the rules to 'even out' the scenario?

Rules I'm considering.

1. All Heroes get to draw one card at the beginning of the game.

2. Regardless of they win or lose, if the Hero rolls doubles, the zombie takes a wound. (effectively killing the zombie). This still doesn't happen nearly enough.

3. Start with 5 heroes.

Any help/suggestions/strategy would be greatly appreciated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2008, 02:22 AM
RE: Oh, those poor heros.
I played that scenario twice. I lost once and won once. The time I won, I won on the final turn. My last hero (The Sheriff) killed a zombie with a shotgun. Good times.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
07-08-2008, 04:42 AM
It is very hard but you can win it. You just have to bust your butt to get the kills. I found that when I have been on the Heroes side and we took our sweet time trying to get the best weapons it hurt us time wise and allowed the board to be overrun. I think it being almost impossible against the unrelenting wave of undead really does capture the feel of the zombie game.

It takes some practice and a lot of luck to get those dice and the right cards to come up for you.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2008, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2008 08:22 AM by Emp.)
We played it here also on an even scale. Some wins, some losses.
It's like CP said, you need some luck with the dice and if you search to long for good weapons you get bitten in the ass by sundown.
It is however possible to win this one. If you look at all scenario's in the game, the heroes always start in a dissadvantage. But that's just the overall greatness of this game imo.
It can take a sudden turn for the worse for the zombieplayer as well.
Try a stick of dynamite on those Zeds when they are bunching op on you hehehehe <evil grin>

I am the reason God stopped watching.
07-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Staying together and searching for weapons is key. Since the zombies win with only 2 player deaths, you have to make sure to keep everyone alive. Sticking together to spread out the zombie love helps that a lot. And the guns really make it possible if you find them.

What the players in my group have done a lot is to utilize the hunger in alternating turns. They'll send one guy out per turn to keep the zombies from closing in to the search location, while the rest shoot. They then switch who does it while the first heals up any wounds.
07-09-2008, 03:56 AM
I guess our problem has been just getting and holding onto guns. We've had terrible luck in that department.

We are still just using the 'basic' scenario....so I'm sure the problem will correct itself once I've gotten a real hang of all the rules.

I do like the slim chances of survival too, it adds to that 'movie' feel!
07-09-2008, 03:59 AM
Movie feel you say!? Why not add your track to TheZombieGame.com Un-official LNOE Soundtrack!?

Thanks!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
07-09-2008, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2008 08:39 AM by Emp.)
Admin Wrote:Movie feel you say!? Why not add your track to TheZombieGame.com Un-official LNOE Soundtrack!?

Thanks!

Zombie17 Zombie17 Zombie17

I am the reason God stopped watching.
07-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Emp Wrote:
Admin Wrote:Movie feel you say!? Why not add your track to TheZombieGame.com Un-official LNOE Soundtrack!?

Thanks!

Zombie17 Zombie17 Zombie17

You like that? How I worked that plug into the post almost seamlessly!? Zombie17

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
07-09-2008, 02:53 PM
supervike Wrote:I guess our problem has been just getting and holding onto guns. We've had terrible luck in that department.

We are still just using the 'basic' scenario....so I'm sure the problem will correct itself once I've gotten a real hang of all the rules.

I do like the slim chances of survival too, it adds to that 'movie' feel!

My group had the same terrible luck of holding onto our guns as well in the first few games. We also had a impossible chance of winning the Stockpile scenario due the fact that the first aid kit was on the bottom of the deck and we never survived that long. It also didn't help that our stockpile location was rolled and came up Zombies choice and was put in the garage. But it was a fun game nontheless.

It really comes down to dice rolls and how well the cards are shuffled and play into your favour. Cause you can have the best strategies on how to win but just like real life the dice and cards will think otherwise.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
Find all posts by this user