Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is "Play by Post" feasible for FFP games?
03-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Is "Play by Post" feasible for FFP games?
I came from a game called Heroclix, and in the most popular message board for Heroclix (HCRealms), people are able to play Heroclix games in message board threads.

What made it possible there were the following:

- A map tool that allowed players to place, move, and track the figures on the board
- An online dice tool that emailed dice roll results to both players
- The stats and powers of each figure per click

I already have an Excel spreadsheet of the LNOE/IFOS maps, and the websites for dice-rolling are always available, but I can't fathom how to do with the card-drawing part for LNOE and IFOS. I think that's the biggest challenge for a play-by-post game. It'd be great though if we can have a game played here with the regulars - imagine the discussions and the roleplaying that we'd have, all captured in one thread.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: Is "Play by Post" feasible for FFP games?
Using a program such as OCTGN you could have the deck loaded and drawn from independently of the game. That's my suggestion for you to look into the other may be to make a list of all the cards and have the excel file randomly generate a card from the list just some ideas to try and help.
Find all posts by this user
03-14-2013, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 07:23 PM by LabRat.)
RE: Is "Play by Post" feasible for FFP games?
Aaah, OCTGN. Good suggestion, but from what I remember that's limited to just two players and require both to be online at the same time.

I guess it's just a dream that really can't be fulfilled at the moment.

But aren't you guys interested in having an LNOE game played out here on TZG? If there was a way for us to do so, is anyone up for it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user