Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Once again... all it took was once!
06-19-2013, 02:22 AM
Once again... all it took was once!
So, a few weeks ago, the same friends who first introduced me to Last Night On Earth had another game night. As it just so happened, we wound up playing A Touch of Evil.

I had a feeling about this game.... and it turned out I was right.

Once again, that was all it took. One game. We played once, and I am already LOVING this game. I feel like I am already equally obsessed with ATOE now.

We chose heroes at random, and I wound up with Anne Marie, the School Teacher. That was actually pretty funny, because we played Snake Oil earlier, and in one of the rounds where I was the customer, I was a school teacher.

(On a side note: For those who don't know, Snake Oil is a party game type of game where everybody gets a hand of cards which each have one word. Then, each round one person grabs one of the differently colored cards and that contains a type of person, such as school teacher, army soldier, professional wrestler, etc. The other players then have to take two of their cards to create an item that they then try to sell to this person as though they were the character on the card. Anyway, back to the point...)

We also randomly selected the villain and wound up with the werewolf. It was a lot of fun! I am very glad I own it. I knew I would love this game, but I just had not yet had a chance to play it. We played the competitive version, so I have not yet tried the cooperative version. But, either way it is pretty much the same game, other than the cooperative version involving a much stronger villain. So, I know it would be just as awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2013, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2013 02:07 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
RE: Once again... all it took was once!
I got hooked on LNOE, ATOE and F&G in quick succession in that order and now have all the expansions. I loved the heavy thematic and quality of FFP games - it's a very enjoyable journey of discovery.

I'm happy to stay with this rather than move into the other games e.g. IFOS or COPE as I don't have a limitless budget or time and I don't have the same attraction to these themes.
06-19-2013, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2013 10:59 PM by MoonSylver.)
(06-19-2013 02:06 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  I got hooked on LNOE, ATOE and F&G in quick succession in that order and now have all the expansions. I loved the heavy thematic and quality of FFP games - it's a very enjoyable journey of discovery.

I'm happy to stay with this rather than move into the other games e.g. IFOS or COPE as I don't have a limitless budget or time and I don't have the same attraction to these themes.

This is my experience to a "T" as well. I was a LNOE guy first, but ATOE is the one that won my heart the most, for reasons I'm still not sure of. Theme, mood, & period I suppose. Gameplay is another. FanG is a winner as well. And I still like LNOE, but ATOE is the one for me.

I envy you the "first time/new" experience. Just wait until you get all the expansions. I envy you the experience of getting to try those for the first time as well.

I'll get to recapture a little taste of it this fall when the new FanG expansion & HP is out. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
06-20-2013, 08:34 AM
I think it's the Villians in ATOE. It's so easy to 'picture the scene' of tracking down a Vampire or Werewolf. And the Nutcracker is perfect for a Christmas game.
06-20-2013, 01:27 PM
I prefer ATOE over FanG only because the game is totally different everytime you play. With over 12 villians and 20+ heroes, the variations are endless.

It is also really challenging to win in coop now, versus FanG that is.
06-20-2013, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 10:44 PM by MoonSylver.)
(06-20-2013 01:27 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  I prefer ATOE over FanG only because the game is totally different everytime you play. With over 12 villians and 20+ heroes, the variations are endless.

It is also really challenging to win in coop now, versus FanG that is.

I think that as FanG grows, w/ more Villains, Heroes, & Dangers/Cliffhangers that it will help more in that regard. I still think I'll like ATOE more, just for the theme, but FanG is a close second. It's a lot of fun. Watchmen02 I havn't gotten either to the table for some time, & I really miss them!
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
06-21-2013, 01:31 PM
(06-20-2013 10:44 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I think that as FanG grows, w/ more Villains, Heroes, & Dangers/Cliffhangers that it will help more in that regard. I still think I'll like ATOE more, just for the theme, but FanG is a close second. It's a lot of fun. Watchmen02 I havn't gotten either to the table for some time, & I really miss them!
---MSWatchmen01

Me too, I finished painting all the FanG models and sealed them, but haven't broken out the game yet.

I played ATOE a few weeks back with a buddy. The Ghost Ship...man we got our rear ends handed to us.
06-22-2013, 10:53 PM
(06-20-2013 08:34 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  I think it's the Villians in ATOE. It's so easy to 'picture the scene' of tracking down a Vampire or Werewolf. And the Nutcracker is perfect for a Christmas game.

That, I think, is a big part of what makes this game so awesome. I can really get into the idea of a bunch of heroes hunting down some big villain. I can imagine myself being a part of a horror movie, hunting down a vampire, or a werewolf, or even an evil possessed scarecrow. LOL! It is just awesome to be able to imagine that and get lost in the story. It is the same reason I love Last Night On Earth so much.
06-23-2013, 09:45 PM
(06-22-2013 10:53 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(06-20-2013 08:34 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  I think it's the Villians in ATOE. It's so easy to 'picture the scene' of tracking down a Vampire or Werewolf. And the Nutcracker is perfect for a Christmas game.

That, I think, is a big part of what makes this game so awesome. I can really get into the idea of a bunch of heroes hunting down some big villain. I can imagine myself being a part of a horror movie, hunting down a vampire, or a werewolf, or even an evil possessed scarecrow. LOL! It is just awesome to be able to imagine that and get lost in the story. It is the same reason I love Last Night On Earth so much.

We're clearly of the same mind!
06-25-2013, 11:20 AM
(06-22-2013 10:53 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  

Here Here!