Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lizzy!
01-03-2012, 07:49 PM
RE: Lizzy!
(01-03-2012 08:20 AM)Twilight_Sonata Wrote:  I would definitely like for there to be a connection to her original card's effect, but I think that it's okay to deviate a bit on the exact effects if there's room to do so and still remain thematically evocative. Your proposal definitely still evokes the effect. I don't really see much point to restricting the ability to guns, though, as the only non-gun ranged weapon that I'm aware of is the Signal Flare, and I see no thematic or balance reason why Lizzy shouldn't be able to use that. So, how about this then:

DOUBLE TAP - Once per game round, may immediately shoot a ranged weapon at a single Zombie beaten in a fight.

Dynamite is considered a range 2 weapon. Your current wording would allow the Hero to use Dynamite for double tap... This is probly why Zinthos suggested using "firearm" rather than any generic Ranged weapon...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2012, 10:32 PM
I see no reason not to allow that interaction with Dynamite.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Darn, had forgotten about dynamite. Going with the new flavor that she's ex-military, though, dynamite is similar enough to grenades that allowing its use actually seems pretty appropriate. Plus, the wording of Double Tap is now such that the dynamite would only be able to affect a single Zombie, so I'm certain that allowing it doesn't cause any new balance issue.
01-14-2012, 11:22 PM
I realized that, as written, Double Tap may be confused as only being intended to be used during Lizzy's own fights, the way that Sally's Lucky ability is only usable during Sally's own fights, so I added in "by any Hero" to make it clear that she can use the ability to take a shot at Zombies that other heroes have beaten.