Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Onemangang's custom hero and zombiecards. Please respond to them.
09-05-2011, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2011 10:40 PM by Onemangang.)
Onemangang's custom hero and zombiecards. Please respond to them.
I made some custom cards which where a lot of fun for me to do so (all thanks for EMP who helped me out and to D153453D who helped with the layers).
I only play the game with my son so I can not really test the cards. I would like to know how they stand when judges by the pro's of TZG. Maybe I should chance something or I have overlooed something, are they to powerfull or weak etc?

Greetz OMG
Here some others I did,
be honest, not cruel , please Zombie03 . Are they usefull?

The last few for today                    
Can they be balanced ?

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2011, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 08:49 PM by abomination.)
RE: Onemangang's custom hero and zombiecards. Please respond to them.
rebirth: seems like you have to give up alot for one zombie. you could make it so you roll a d6, and remove and replace that many zombie outside a building or at least a d3.

zombie horde: I like the visual this card gives of the hero trying to wade through zombies

watergun: the thought of spraying a zombie with a supersoaker makes me laugh. I like how you can keep spraying till you kill it or run out of ammo very flavorful card.

Slippery when wet: might be a little over powered I would change it to a roll of a 5 or 6

just act like damned: I would change this to allow you to move through spaces occupied by zombies

garden tools: i would change the name I'm not sure to what though

keys to sucess: I think I would give them a second ability, like maybe discard while searchin to draw two cards

Losing it: this could be a big gameover especially in defend the manor , a very nice brutal card.

Bad, bad doggy: I'm not quite sure how this one works.

can't see a damn thing: I like what it does I might change the wording though

Humans best friend: I like this card very powerful since it can be reused over and over

matches: not sure what these do other than infinetly cycle. do you mean after you discard them from using you can find them in any building?

Molotov cocktail: I like this card I think it's a well done flavorful weapon as a real one can be unreliable and dangerous aswell.

the smell of fear: I like what it does potentially alot of dice rolling though.

Overall: I might change the wording on some of the cards so they read a little less complicated.
Other than that I like most of them and most of them are useful but I think they might lean alittle towards the zombie player balance wise. Also you did a good job on picking out apporpriate art work for the cards.

I hope this is helpful and what you where looking for.
09-06-2011, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 07:22 PM by Onemangang.)
(09-06-2011 12:19 AM)abomination Wrote:  Bad, bad doggy: I'm not quite sure how this one works.
It did had a lot of text on it, I made another effort and hope that will clear things up:

The idea behind this card was to give the zombieplayer a ranged weapon that would add something to the game. It also is a tongue in cheek card related to old Betsy.
Is it better this way?

BTW thanks for your comments on them. I will have to see what others say about them but I think you gave some good explanations.
English is not my first language so you could be very right on the words issue.
Tips to change the texts are also welcome!!
09-06-2011, 05:30 PM
I like a few of them, but I can't handle the lack of proof reading. The typos are abundant, not only do you not use standard FFP template, you don't even keep to your own template (What does throw a d6 mean?). Which to me, is actually kind of odd. Seeing as your posts show decent coherence.

To be honest, outside of that type of criticism, which I'm not trying to be mean on.. is abundant.

Matches: "Hey guys, in a building I found matches! I'm going to place these matches in a different building and search for them later, okay?" Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Water gun: Does this mean you can keep squirting each turn? That's how I read this. If this is the case, this plus the remains in play law enforcement card = automatic fun. Sheriff Anderson would roll until he hits every zombie in his or an adjacent space. Now it's a two card combo, but still.

Key to success: You know how often locked door comes into play? Not very. You know how many items negate locked door as is? A decent amount. I'd say just make it automatic success. Otherwise, it is pretty flavorful.

Rebirth: I give up an entire movement turn, to kill a zombie, and then place on in front of a building? I believe this is incredibly pointless and I'm so glad it's not a play immediately. I will wait and discard it next turn. Why would I give up a possibility of moving up to 14 zombies to 'teleport' a zombie to a building door. If I do that, I'd want it to teleport on to a hero.

Molotov cocktail: I throw it 2 spaces and can still take a wound? It should just read any zombie in this or an adjacent space is hit on a 3+, any hero is hit on a 5+

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
09-06-2011, 07:28 PM
I think you've done a great job to say English is not your first language. The pictures look great and you have some good ideas. This must have took you hours to put together. You obviously love this game and want to share your ideas and I salute you. I have sent you a pm to help with the typos and some suggestions.

+1 Rep for your hard work. I couldn't have made themZombie17
09-06-2011, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 08:31 PM by Onemangang.)
Orguss, I am very much a beginner to the game. As said I only play the game with my son and only two times so far. I just enjoy making the cards and had to set myself to putting them on TZG. I also can understand the irritation on your side when you are trying to read the text and have to puzzle to get a good sentence.
Allthough your critism is a bit harsh sometimes (not so much the helping hand I asked for but more like making them look silly) I'll consider your answers, cause behind the way you bring your comments, I can see some cards are not really usefull or need some polishing.

Matches for example was ment to be a extra bonus for a hero who needed them (fire). It would not come instead of the card you would have normally found by searching but it was a extra, as said.

Any cards you did like, btw?
Remember, my friend, for me it is just a way to show what I did and I would gladly take advice on them from people who play the game so much longer than I am doing. But, please, come with suggestions,.

09-06-2011, 08:44 PM

(09-06-2011 07:28 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I think you've done a great job to say English is not your first language. The pictures look great and you have some good ideas. This must have took you hours to put together. You obviously love this game and want to share your ideas and I salute you. I have sent you a pm to help with the typos and some suggestions.

+1 Rep for your hard work. I couldn't have made themZombie17

Thank you, I just was answering the other comment above you and your reply just comes in time. just before I would have hang myself Zombie03. No serious, your reply was very welcome samuraitrev.
09-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Bad bad doggy: I like the idea of zombie dogs, but maybe not as a ranged weapon maybe have it more like the old betsy card where it lets you put a token into play that moves fast.
Maybe for a ranged weapon you could have a zombie throw a body part or something of that nature.
By the way if english isn't your first language I give you props. Its my first and I can't type or speak it worth a crapZombie03
looking forward to seeing anymore cards you come up with.
09-06-2011, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2011 06:18 PM by Pred.)
In the Survival of the fittest expansion there is a Survival Tactic card that is almost just like your "Just act like the dam(ed)" card.
Yours: "Just act like the dam(ed)"
roll d-6 on the roll of 3+ you
may not fight zombie this turn.

Survival Tactic: "Uh...Braainessss!?!"
play at any time until next hero turn that hero does
not fight zombies, movement is not blocked by zombies,
and they are ignored for zombie hunger.

although I like their play ability better, I love your shaun of the dead pick! You got some other great ideas for cards as well.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-07-2011, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2011 02:30 PM by Orguss.)
Well first off, I love the photos. The template may be off and be irksome, I really appreciate the art.

You asked what I did like, I did like Zombie Horde. I would word it a little differently but I did like the idea a lot.

Water gun is amazing. I know I nitpicked about what it's doing, but the range of 1 was a nice touch, the fact that it was holy water... etc, great stuff flavor wise. I just don't know if I like the ability to have 92 ranged attack actions a turn, I believe it can slow down a game while the Sheriff is trying to hit a 5 or a 6 because he can. Though in essence, it's really no different than the Baseball bat, and that is TWO rolls per use.

Garden tool is another one that, name withstanding, I personally adore. I can easily see this being in the game under some different guise from FFP and I would go out of my way to get on almost any character. This makes Becky a beast. She sends the wounds elsewhere and heals it. Great synergy. Only downside is when you have a.. not so team player? I might suggest having a "That player may roll a d6, on a 4+ you still take the wound" to help prevent bad situations.

Some possible suggestions on wording and mechanics

Rebirth: Play at the start of a Zombie Turn. No zombies may move this turn. Place a zombie from your zombie pool in any outdoor space. You may remove a zombie on the board if there are not enough out of play.

Zombie Horde: Play this card on any hero when they roll a movement dice or before they roll a fight dice. For each zombie in that hero's space, roll a d6. On the roll of 4+, subtract 1 to that hero's roll, minimum 1.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.