Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ooooowwwww....
03-13-2011, 02:33 AM
Ooooowwwww....
Man. me and a buddy sat down to ATOE with the hopes of testing out a few rules we would like to add. We took The Scarlet Shadow and Inspector Cooke versus the Vampire, grabbed up the dice and were ready to start exploring some tactical manuevers versus the blood-sucker.

We got trashed. We didn't even get to the new rules. We didn't get any weapons. We never had a Showdown. To wit: the vampire NEVER even appeared and it trashed us. At one point, we had five or so 'Reamins In Play' from the Mystery Deck...(that point being the third turn): The Horror (roll twice on the Coop Chart), Fog (-1 Move), Full moon (+1 Fight to Minions), and the always horrible 'Something Wicked'.

We cocnluded that the game made a good story ......... if the story was just the first ten minutes of a horror movie and then the REAL heroes showed up to fight back the darkness and re-take the town!

Yes...I am Pfr_Fate...and the Vampire OWNED me.

03-13-2011, 04:43 PM
RE: Ooooowwwww....
Oh, that sounds brutal. We've had that happen before in our co-op games. Within four turns, the Shadow Track has fallen nine times, one specific player has been KOed every turn, while each of the others has been KOed at least once, and some of our most hated Mystery cards have all shown up. When the book-burning card showed up -- and our strategy focuses on Anne Marie (my wife's favorite hero) -- we decided that our heroes fled and let the damn Bog Fiend take Shadowbrook. Zombie03
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2011, 06:09 PM
RE: Ooooowwwww....
At one point, the Scarlet Shadow and Inspector Cook fell prey to Succubi, one each residing at Town Hall and The Abandoned Keep. We woke up to the Brides and kept loosing IP, Allies, Equipment....we actuially had two turns that we both were KO'd during the Mystery Phase and, so, skipped the Players' Turns entirely.