Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Original or Expansion?
11-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Original or Expansion?
Hi,

I was going to buy this game but can't find the original in my hometown.

Can you just play the expansion or must you have the original first?

Is 2 players enough?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2008, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2008 10:12 PM by Sarku.)
RE: Original or Expansion?
I suppose with a downloaded set of rules you could play a REALLY SMALL game using the expansion set. None of the expansion scenarios would work well for you though. Yes, two players would be enough.

The rules are available in the downloads section linked above.

By the way, welcome!!!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks!!!
11-21-2008, 12:33 AM
There are many online sources that you get get the original from, and I think you'd be far better served trying to get that, as opposed to trying to make the expansion work as a stand alone.

Good luck though!
11-21-2008, 01:44 AM
i had the same problem so i ordered mine which ended up takeing three months, i ended up getting the expansion before the core game and tryed to play it. it ended out not working very well. the boards wernt a problem or the heros but the cards that came with the expansion alone dont make the game fun and ended up being tottaly one sided for the heros.

id wait for the core game if i were you.
11-21-2008, 01:52 AM
Al74 Wrote:Hi,

I was going to buy this game but can't find the original in my hometown.

Can you just play the expansion or must you have the original first?

Is 2 players enough?

Thanks

Probably a reason but why not get the Game from a Web Store,
FFP has it in stock as do other online discounters(at very
reasonable prices)?

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-21-2008, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2008 02:37 AM by deadrabbit.)
it took ffp three mouths to send it to me. welll worth the wait thow, best game ive ever played.
11-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Well. I order 99.9% of my stuff on-line. I am living abroad at the moment and this place is notorius for it's hi cost of living and crazy tax so I order to save costs. But I am also very anal - hahah - And I don't like the idea that this could turn up in a big mess.

But I am down in the capital in a few weeks so I will pick it up then..for now I have to be content with Romero movies and Left 4 Dead...oh, to live in a zombie infested world.
11-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Al74 Wrote:But I am down in the capital in a few weeks so I will pick it up then..for now I have to be content with Romero movies and Left 4 Dead...oh, to live in a zombie infested world.

It's a great time to be a zombie fan, isn't it?!!
11-24-2008, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2008 08:41 AM by Al74.)
Toungue RE: Original or Expansion?
supervike Wrote:
Al74 Wrote:But I am down in the capital in a few weeks so I will pick it up then..for now I have to be content with Romero movies and Left 4 Dead...oh, to live in a zombie infested world.

It's a great time to be a zombie fan, isn't it?!!

Hahaha - For about 20 years now!! This is what i have been waiting for - My interest was re-sparked when my nephew, less than 1 at the time bought me the 'Zombie survival guide' for X-mas....Good to see that even a small child knows the threat that is just around the corner - smart kid!! :-)

Ordered the board - didn't know the local shop was a chain...I'm living abroad at them mo' so still discovering stuff!
Here on Thursday!!!