Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Original or Expansion?
11-24-2008, 01:35 PM
RE: Original or Expansion?
Al74 Wrote:
supervike Wrote:
Al74 Wrote:But I am down in the capital in a few weeks so I will pick it up then..for now I have to be content with Romero movies and Left 4 Dead...oh, to live in a zombie infested world.

It's a great time to be a zombie fan, isn't it?!!

Hahaha - For about 20 years now!! This is what i have been waiting for - My interest was re-sparked when my nephew, less than 1 at the time bought me the 'Zombie survival guide' for X-mas....Good to see that even a small child knows the threat that is just around the corner - smart kid!! :-)

Ordered the board - didn't know the local shop was a chain...I'm living abroad at them mo' so still discovering stuff!
Here on Thursday!!!

Al74, where are you living right now?

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Sarku Wrote:Al74, where are you living right now?

Place called Turku, South-west Finland from the UK originally but since we got taken over with the rage virus...

Didn't you notice the fighter plane at the end of 28 Days was Finnish? Yeah, well...they brought me here. I was one of the survivors. :P
Find all posts by this user
02-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I really want to play this game. Sadly, I live in Japan and the few places I've been able to find which had stocked the game no longer have it. I've always been a fan of zombies but lately I've been on a kick for all things undead. Movies, books, games, manga... everything. In all my searching on the internet, it seems like Last Night on Earth is the zombie board game I've been waiting for. I just hope I can get my hands on it someday! In the meantime, I'm going to pick up the game, Zombies!!!, and see how that goes. It looks fun, but a little on the simplistic side.
02-12-2009, 04:01 PM
n107 Wrote:I really want to play this game. Sadly, I live in Japan and the few places I've been able to find which had stocked the game no longer have it. I've always been a fan of zombies but lately I've been on a kick for all things undead. Movies, books, games, manga... everything. In all my searching on the internet, it seems like Last Night on Earth is the zombie board game I've been waiting for. I just hope I can get my hands on it someday! In the meantime, I'm going to pick up the game, Zombies!!!, and see how that goes. It looks fun, but a little on the simplistic side.

Welcome aboard n107 -yes TLC Zombie Games can be fun but
pale in comparison to LNoE.Enjoy but keep looking for
LNoE it will be worth itZombie03

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
02-13-2009, 11:19 PM
n107 Wrote:I really want to play this game. Sadly, I live in Japan and the few places I've been able to find which had stocked the game no longer have it. I've always been a fan of zombies but lately I've been on a kick for all things undead. Movies, books, games, manga... everything. In all my searching on the internet, it seems like Last Night on Earth is the zombie board game I've been waiting for. I just hope I can get my hands on it someday! In the meantime, I'm going to pick up the game, Zombies!!!, and see how that goes. It looks fun, but a little on the simplistic side.

Sadly nothing! lol. I enjoy being in japan, maybe not permanently but for a year or two. Your typing tells me your not a native of japan that or your incredibly well versed in english. I have several friends that are native and do compose english well.

Anyway to my point. I'm sure you can get someone to ship you a copy.
There's a tabletop/miniatures game store in akihabara that I found, I don't remember the name anymore though. It had warhammer/40k battletech etc etc. If you can find it they may have LNOE.

Worst case scenario if you have paypal and cover game and shipping, I'll run to my local game store, pick up a copy and send it to ya.

Just let me know.
02-14-2009, 01:36 AM
shadow Wrote:Sadly nothing! lol. I enjoy being in japan, maybe not permanently but for a year or two. Your typing tells me your not a native of japan that or your incredibly well versed in english. I have several friends that are native and do compose english well.

Anyway to my point. I'm sure you can get someone to ship you a copy.
There's a tabletop/miniatures game store in akihabara that I found, I don't remember the name anymore though. It had warhammer/40k battletech etc etc. If you can find it they may have LNOE.

Worst case scenario if you have paypal and cover game and shipping, I'll run to my local game store, pick up a copy and send it to ya.

Just let me know.

Yes, I could get someone to ship it to me, but shipping costs an arm and a leg. I also appreciate that you'd be willing to do so, but I do have other options if it were to come down to that. I usually go to the USA every year to visit my family, but I'm not sure if I'll be going at all this year. If I do, my best bet would be to buy it then and bring it back.

I did find the game shop in Akihabara. Quite recently, in fact. Unfortunately I didn't know about LNoE when I was there so I didn't look for it. But I did look around the whole shop and don't recall seeing the game box. I did find Mall of Horrors and Zombies!!! there which is why I started searching about them and other zombie games. That's how I found LNoE. I checked the shop's website and it's not listed on it. There is another game shop closer to where I live that is somehow affiliated with the chain in Akihabara. I've never been there but I'll stop in next weekend when I get to the city. Also, I'll be going back to Akihabara next weekend, so I'll get to check that store personally. If they don't have it, then I'm picking up Zombies!!! for sure.
02-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Well, the game and Growing Hunger arrived this evening. I spent an hour going through the pieces and reading the cards. Amazingly high quality stuff. I haven't seen this much care put into a game in a long time. You can really tell the people of Flying Frog love what they do. I can't wait to try the game. Hopefully that will be tomorrow as when I logged online, I had an email from a friend who wanted to visit tomorrow night. It's a rare occasion that someone will drive all the way to my mountaintop fortress, but lo and behold, he volunteered. So if he comes, I think we'll have to try the game together. Right now I'm about to give the soundtrack a listen while I skim the rules. I already downloaded and read the original rules from the website, but need to brush up and read the GH booklet.

If only I knew how to paint the figures, my life would be complete.
02-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Hope you have a blast with it n107! The GH really added some depth to the game....and just gives that much more variety when deciding to play. Plus, I love the added characters.

Really look forward to hearing your experiences with it.