Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ouch!!!
12-31-2010, 12:37 AM
Ouch!!!
I have played a few minigames with my son today. It really helps right now with his short attention span and it helps us learn the cards more. We have been using the basic decks combined with GH. One card combo that hurts is...Fighting Instincts/Garden Shears. My son just played this on me and hit a 6!!! I was just getting Amanda set for a run at the zombies with Circular Saw, Baseball Bat, Farmer Sty and Get Back You Devils.Insane19
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2010, 12:48 AM
RE: Ouch!!!
Ouch indeed!
12-31-2010, 01:33 AM
RE: Ouch!!!
I had been doing well avoiding zombies and getting in searches. There were about 3 rounds left and he was chasing me with his zombies in groups of 2 and 3. I was set to do my final battle in the Supermarket with the afore mentioned cards, but when I played Lizzy,Shopkeeper, he cancelled it (grumble). Then the combo!!!

He had a difficult time earlier in the day though. In the first 2 rounds of one game, 4/6 of the buildings were Taken Over and 1/6 had Lights Out. He still won though.(grumble)

We are really have fun with this game. I am a long time Scaper, but I have come to love LNoE just as much. I keep reading complaints about not being able to win with zombies by decking out the heros. It is very possible to do with the way I set games up. I avoid using all the cards and instead only use a couple of card expansions at a time. Today we used the basic deck with GH and our first game we only used GH cards. This is one of the things I love about the game, is being able to change everything around for every game.