Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Overconfidence Card + Bad Luck = Loss
07-18-2012, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 12:58 PM by alderdust.)
Overconfidence Card + Bad Luck = Loss
So I played a game last night and was playing heroes and the scenario was Search for the Truth...I had found my records collected both explosives and my final destination was about 6 spaces away...with about 10 turns left.

My opponent ZP played Overconfidence while Sam who has both records and both explosives..(I don't know how he got so lucky)..was in the same space as a zombie with more just adjacent or behind him...I wasn't able to kill off the zombie holding him there even though i was rolling 5 dice (with record bonus + faith (combined with rosary to make him holy) + chainsaw vs 1 dice i just kept fending off the attack and not getting doubles. I moved 2 other heroes in the same space as him to fight zombies to try to kill them off so we could move out but when we would start to kill we never could empty the space for instance we would kill 2 of the 3 there just leaving 1 to not allow us to move out.

Quote:Overconfidence

Play this card at the start of a Zombie Turn on any Hero. While the Hero is in a space with a Zombie, they may not move away (they may still search instead of moving).

If the Hero loses a fight, discard this card on the roll of 4+.
Remains in Play

Once Jenny was turned to a Zombie hero it seemed about impossible...this with 6 turns left now and I havent taken any wounds but there were about 5 zombies in the space now. Rachelle then fell and now TWO zombie heroes are right in the same space I was able to keep fighting killing about 10 zombies and 1 zombie hero....but my luck only went so far and his picked up when he had to roll whether to discard the Overconfidence or not...it wasnt long before Sam was my third and final hero killed. (With 2 turns left before the game ended)

[Image: ?ui=2&ik=1e1f488d33&view...XLeFUx3syM]

When all was said and the game was over I was soooo frustrated I got beat by one card...its rare that heroes pull out a win...I just hate I had so much time and wasn't able to get the rolls I needed to clear the space to allow me to move...I even put a sewer 1 space away and just had to move 1 to get to just outside final destination building.

Is there anything I really could of done differently? I didnt get any cancel remains in play cards during this time and was searching my ass off.

Sorry this is so long I just couldnt wait to get here and vent my frustration lol.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2012, 01:12 PM
RE: Overconfidence Card + Bad Luck = Loss
well alterdust... if there was something you could've done differently it would have to be luckier dice rolls!
07-18-2012, 01:41 PM
You should discard the Rosary and pick a card that could cancel a zombie card.

If you didn't came across any card capable of cancel zombie cards... well there were nothing you could do.

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
07-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah it Just left a bad taste in my mouth
07-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Hi, I had a question, maybe im just miss understranding. You said...

I moved 2 other heroes in the same space as him to fight zombies to try to kill them off so we could move out but when we would start to kill we never could empty the space for instance we would kill 2 of the 3 there just leaving 1 to not allow us to move out.

Us, who is us ? When you had 2 other heroes move into the same space as Sam, couldn't you just have exchanged the records and explosive to another hero ?

Over confidence is played on 1 Hero, not all heroes. At that point leave Sam there to suck in (hunger) the other Zombies, and Ruuuuunnnn !

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
07-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Overconfidence is one of the strongest cards in the ZP's arsenal. It's the Chainsaw or or Faith of Zombie cards.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-18-2012, 04:24 PM
(07-18-2012 02:48 PM)PJON Wrote:  Over confidence is played on 1 Hero, not all heroes. At that point leave Sam there to suck in (hunger) the other Zombies, and Ruuuuunnnn !

Right, PJON. Sounds like the way to handle this situation.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-18-2012, 06:14 PM
(07-18-2012 02:58 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Overconfidence is one of the strongest cards in the ZP's arsenal. It's the Chainsaw or or Faith of Zombie cards.

Cornered, Over Confidence, and Uuuurgh is an awesome arsenal. Add lights out on them.....go on.....try to run Watchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
07-18-2012, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 07:08 PM by alderdust.)
Oh man we played it as it held every hero in the place that would of made a difference possibly changed the outcome of the game! We thought anytime a hero had a zombie in its space it was stuck til it rid it's space of zombies so when we moved the other two heroes in the same space as Sam we thought all 3 of the heroes were stuck there til it was empty of walkers.
07-18-2012, 07:13 PM
My poor english didn't get this info...

alderdust the card overconfidence must be played on a hero... and from that point on, only that hero is affected by it. Not the whole party.

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...