Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Overconfidence Card + Bad Luck = Loss
07-18-2012, 07:38 PM
RE: Overconfidence Card + Bad Luck = Loss
(07-18-2012 12:57 PM)alderdust Wrote:  My opponent ZP played Overconfidence while Sam who has both records and both explosives..(I don't know how he got so lucky)..was in the same space as a zombie with more just adjacent or behind him...I wasn't able to kill off the zombie holding him there even though i was rolling 5 dice (with record bonus + faith (combined with rosary to make him holy) + chainsaw vs 1 dice i just kept fending off the attack and not getting doubles.

Chainsaw:
COMBAT BONUS:
The Hero rolls an extra Fight Dice. Any Zombie beaten in a fight is automatically Killed, even if no doubles were rolled.

Were you using the chainsaw ability to kill zombies that are fended off? This would even kill a zombie hero from full health if you are able to fend them off...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2012, 07:45 PM
alderdust,

Everybody else has covered it well, so I'll just chime in that I agree. Firstly, the Overconfidence card only restrains one hero, not one space. In other words, other heroes moving into that space are not similarly restricted. So, as others have said, you could have exchanged the items with the heroes free to move while the one still stuck fought zombies to try to get his way out.

That, and the chainsaw's ability may have helped you. Unfortunately, that doen't help you now since the game already took place, but at least you know that for the future. ;-) There is a way out of that situation.
07-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Looks for me that the heroes with the luck you had could pull that one off...

But some mistakes take the victory from you...

Read the cards carefully... i've play'd lots wrong until get it right...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
07-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Oh, absolutely. I'm sure we've all played minor little things wrong here and there early on. That is one of the great things about this site... being able to come here to clarify if you were right. Somehow somebody always knows the answer. ;-)
07-18-2012, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 11:17 PM by alderdust.)
Thanks for clearing this up guys and gals....so many rules and Only so much room in the brain to store this in haha. Haha an yeah this was only my 4th game and first time seeing overconfidence played so now I know to pay more attention to the card for playing it properly. We were playing chainsaw correctly but I lost it after just a few fights losing a fight and had to be discarded.
07-19-2012, 06:00 AM
(07-18-2012 11:11 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Thanks for clearing this up guys and gals....so many rules and Only so much room in the brain to store this in haha. Haha an yeah this was only my 4th game and first time seeing overconfidence played so now I know to pay more attention to the card for playing it properly. We were playing chainsaw correctly but I lost it after just a few fights losing a fight and had to be discarded.

Although the chainsaw is a mighty powerful tool, you should always think before using it. If you rolled low on your fight dice while the zombie rolled say a 5, don't just turn on the chainsaw unless you are down on your last wound. Recall you still need to roll higher (unless other rules apply at that moment) to actually beat the zombie and take advantage of the card's ability. Most times I find that it's better to take a wound and then save the card for a situation where you have the upper hand but didn't roll any doubles. I'll be the first to admit that I often just let my heroes run wild with the chainsaw not thinking about the odds because I love the chainsaw but the survival rate of my heroes also tend to be lower than that of my fellow players. Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-19-2012, 07:50 PM
(07-19-2012 06:00 AM)scarydk Wrote:  
(07-18-2012 11:11 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Thanks for clearing this up guys and gals....so many rules and Only so much room in the brain to store this in haha. Haha an yeah this was only my 4th game and first time seeing overconfidence played so now I know to pay more attention to the card for playing it properly. We were playing chainsaw correctly but I lost it after just a few fights losing a fight and had to be discarded.

Although the chainsaw is a mighty powerful tool, you should always think before using it. If you rolled low on your fight dice while the zombie rolled say a 5, don't just turn on the chainsaw unless you are down on your last wound. Recall you still need to roll higher (unless other rules apply at that moment) to actually beat the zombie and take advantage of the card's ability. Most times I find that it's better to take a wound and then save the card for a situation where you have the upper hand but didn't roll any doubles. I'll be the first to admit that I often just let my heroes run wild with the chainsaw not thinking about the odds because I love the chainsaw but the survival rate of my heroes also tend to be lower than that of my fellow players. Watchmen02

That is very good advice. In a fight, you are allowed to roll your standard fight dice, and then decide whether or not you want to use a weapon as well. Remember that you can lose/break most weapons when you use them, so best not to use them if there is little chance they will help. Again, unless you have no other choice, like in scarydk's example where you have one wound remaining, so if it could save your character's life, it is best you try.