Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PM-who has it?
09-14-2014, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2014 07:49 PM by Old Dwarf.)
PM-who has it?
Well at 4:35 AM my PM arrived Watchmen02 (no I didn't set up waiting just
found it in my Spam when I checked my e-mail when I got up.

So I've had coffee & I think I'm awake enough to open it up
& get this puppy done.

OD

ps Well that was fun & a tad nerve wracking-I added the 2 paint sets,the 3 new near miss figs & Jargoro,Targa & Cinder Artifact Cards.
I had set aside $50 for things beyond my $75 credit & the extras cost me $47.( I'll need to pick up the other Otherworld Artifact Cards &
maybe some extra doors when FFP web store has them-probably a long wait but I have plenty to keep me busy)

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2014, 06:59 PM
RE: PM-who has it?
Got mine this morning, and just finished the PM confirmation.

I picked up all of the artifact cards, the Threat and Mine blank card sets (I'll make generic blanks for any new Otherworlds I custom make), the three new add-on figure sets, and 1 bear. With credit it cost me a total of $47 as well.

The Corpse Piles and the Auto Turrets were really tempting, but I know I can make both of those out of scraps of miniatures bits I have lying around.

Like you said OD, it was nerve-wracking. After waiting so long for the PM to finally come, I must have gone over the list and the order receipt fifty times before I confirmed the order.

Glad it's done and dusted, and really looking forward to getting Wave 1!

Writer, Gamer, Professional Geek

Odie Bracy - Fiction Blog

Full Color Gamer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2014, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 04:03 AM by gavindowning.)
I got mine this morning. Since I already got the corpse piles, the paints, and the character sheets (thanks to a friend at PAX), instead, I got:
The auto-turrets
The three new add-on figures
The artifact cards
Two bags of Darkstone
All the artifact decks
Each set of blank cards
Shipping Wave 1.5

Added on to a Mine Cart, this should mean I've got all the new material, plus the stuff to make my own. I'm planning to make the Martian troops, the Zard beast, and the Martian Commander from IFOS into threats (once we get ranged-enemy rules), as well as the Faceless Horror from Reaper Bones. (http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones/latest/77114 ) Once I've got those enemy rules made and put on character sheets, I'll be sharing them with the community, of course.
09-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Im still deciding on whether or not to pay the extra for minecart... and if I can afford it.
09-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Got mine on Sunday but didn't finish it till last night since I wanted to make sure I didn't forget to order a specific dice set my wife wanted or something along those lines and also wanted to bring in my bro who went 50/50 on this with me. So much... too much to consider. For whatever reason I thought the only Extras we would be able to add on aside from duplicates were going to be the extra 3 missed stretch goals. Needless to say we chatted and argued about what to get for about 2 hours.

I'm not really into the blank cards. I've never found much use for them in other games I've had, so I skipped em here.
But everything else... we got it all. Even the ridiculous Dice mega set. Even the vinyl stickers.

My only concern is the characters sheets. I assumed they were just extras of what was included with the game so we skipped on them. After reading what Gavin said above will I have to go back and buy these at a later date if I want them or are some included with the base games?

again... maybe it was just too much to make a perfect choice.
09-18-2014, 07:38 PM
You get a character sheet to photocopy included in the campaign book. I assume they'll also make a free PDF of it eventually. The pad just makes it easier/more convenient.

The enemy sheets are only needed if you're planning to create your own monsters.
09-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Good deal. I would have added in a pad of the hero sheets if I had understood that to be the case but I don't mind photocopies in the least. Been doing Dnd with em for years, after all.

The only game I've ever made original content for was LNoE and while that was fun, I don't fancy myself a game designer in the least and especially since these are games with expansions I don't really see myself with any need to go out of my way to make up new content.
09-19-2014, 04:49 PM
I got mine. There is SO MUCH extra stuff available for this game that it was actually a tad bit overwhelming. LOL! I'd already decided I wanted the Vampire and Werewolf expansion packs, so I got those. I also decided to pick up a couple extra hero types. Beyond that, though, I didn't want to go too crazy. There was just too much stuff available, and I couldn't see spending that much money on all of it.

Though I'd love to have everything, we are already getting two base games and tons of extras from the stretch goals. Knowing my gaming group, it might seem a bit overwhelming to have all that stuff all at once. Not only that, but I've also always preferred the excitement of getting to collect things over time. So, if the game winds up being a big hit with my group, I'll likely collect more stuff as they release it. But, I just couldn't see spending all that money to get everything right away when I am sure the game will kick complete arse with or without it.
09-19-2014, 05:12 PM
My father had a gift... for gift giving. He was incredibly adept at judging the right time to give and he also knew how to sit on a surprise for incredible lengths of time. He was a great example for me.

I'm planning on taking a page out of his book. Rather than just indulge in a single orgy of new material I'm going to take the majority of SoB and stuff it in my closet. Then, as we soak up every ounce of fun and enjoyment from each chapter in the Shadow of Brimstone adventures, I'm going to plop down a new and undiscovered expansion onto the table to reignite their adventuring passion.

It's going to be great.
09-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Awesome, Raynor.

I am grabbing blank cards, sure... but I'm not planning on filling them all in myself. I'm planning to invent a few things, but I'm planning to grab ideas I love from the fan community, too. Even if you don't plan to create anything yourself, it might not be a bad idea to have blank cards for free fan content.