Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PM-who has it?
09-22-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: PM-who has it?
(09-19-2014 05:12 PM)Raynor Wrote:  My father had a gift... for gift giving. He was incredibly adept at judging the right time to give and he also knew how to sit on a surprise for incredible lengths of time. He was a great example for me.

I'm planning on taking a page out of his book. Rather than just indulge in a single orgy of new material I'm going to take the majority of SoB and stuff it in my closet. Then, as we soak up every ounce of fun and enjoyment from each chapter in the Shadow of Brimstone adventures, I'm going to plop down a new and undiscovered expansion onto the table to reignite their adventuring passion.

It's going to be great.

I wish I had that kind of self control. LOL! If I had everything right away, I know it would be way too tempting to open it, play with it, read all the details about it, and completely indulge in every single item. So, it would sort of take away from my experience of bringing in something new later on in the game. I think that is a really awesome idea on your part, though. That is a great way to get everything, but not waste it all right off the bat. Instead, you allow yourself a way to constantly make the game fresh and new all over again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Well looking at the average Life Span of the US Male I come down on the use it all NOW side.
But really Wave 1 is mostly just the 2 base games so by next Summer (or Fall) we should be ready
for the Expansions. Then you can stack the closet or open everything & have at it.

I use a sort of compromise between SP & Raynor. After playing the Game vanilla to get acquainted
with it I add the Expansion (in the case of SoB where we'll have all the Expansions
at once -I just generate a random one).Usually with a Game the length of SoB I'll
probably play only once or twice a month & then randomly Generate the use of another
Expansions (we usually reroll if the same Expansion is generated twice in a row).

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-26-2014, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2014 07:14 PM by StayPuft.)
As much as it kinda sucks just a little that we waited all this time to get Shadows of Brimstone only to learn all the extra goodies aren't going to come for almost a full year longer....

It's actually almost kind of a good thing for me. Personally, when I love a game, I really love the game. If I enjoy a game enough, I can play it again and again and again and never get bored with it. Sure, I'd want to bring in other games now and then, but I'd never have a problem with going back to one of my favorites.

Unfortunately, most of my gaming group doesn't share the sentiment. There's maybe one who does, but the rest openly admit they get a little played out on games when we've played them a lot.

Granted, it isn't like they never want to play them again, and it isn't like they wouldn't happily play at random. It's just, when we've played a certain game a lot, then they sort of move on for a while and we tend not to pick them up. I would personally much rather put the best games into a regular rotation. As much as I love playing all sorts of other games, I hate not getting to play my favorites.

Wait... what the Hell was my point? LOL! Oh yeah! So, this may actually be helpful in my case. I can imagine after playing Shadows of Brimstone for a while, my group will probably be ready to move on and set it aside. Then, come next year when all the new stuff comes out, they'll probably be ready to pick it up and start playing again. Assuming the group is still alive and well at that point, that is. We've been going pretty strong for just over 3 years now, I think. So, I always figure good things rarely last. I am sure it will end at some point, but it has certainly been a ton of fun.