Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pace O' Game - players or the game
09-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Pace O' Game - players or the game
Here is a point of discussion, looking for feedback.

I know each scenario is different, but I was wondering if people would volunteer how long it takes to perform a scenario.
Example -
Kill All Zombie: 2 hours (played a couple times)
Defend the Manor: 2.5 to 3 hours (played 4 times)

The rules and website say the game should take 60-90 minutes. Any time we play the game it seems to take much longer, say 2 to 3 hours. Some of our slowness may be due to one or two people we play with take some time figuring out what to do (for reference, they can take a long time).

Has anyone else run into this? I'm trying to check if it is the game or the people I play with. If it's the game, that is fine, still like the game, but if it is the people, I might institute a timer. Thoughts or suggestions to speed it up?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2008, 01:30 AM
RE: Pace O' Game - players or the game
Most of mine go towards 2 hours.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-29-2008, 04:19 AM
dude my turns take for ever, we try to plan like ten turns ahead. id say itll take like ten minutes for the humans to take all there turns without fighting add like 5 if you gota roll alot, and it takes like 5 mins without fighting with zombies. any longer then that is getting outa hand.

but there are people who take two second turns and dont think ahead, makes for quicker game play but those people usually die. depends who your playing with.
Find all posts by this user
09-29-2008, 07:31 AM
deadrabbit Wrote:dude my turns take for ever, we try to plan like ten turns ahead. id say itll take like ten minutes for the humans to take all there turns without fighting add like 5 if you gota roll alot, and it takes like 5 mins without fighting with zombies. any longer then that is getting outa hand.

but there are people who take two second turns and dont think ahead, makes for quicker game play but those people usually die. depends who your playing with.

I like to throw an egg timer into the mix for turns. Throws that extra suspence of creeping doom at the players and keeps things MOVING. Lol.
09-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Our games usually take 2-3 hours too.
I thought it was just us.
09-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Almost all of our games have fallen right around 1h 30 -1 hr 45

Most of our games are only with two people.