Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Owner asks: "Time to pack up the game." How do you respond as guest?
...fine. -packs up game properly-
"you're the owner you pack it."
-disappear before question is asked-
"I'm not playing anymore." -flips table into midair-
"Eh? What game I see no game...?" -runs off-
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Packing up after the game
12-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Packing up after the game
Ok so a game just ended. Who puts everything back into the box?

The owner of the game or everyone helps out? Or do the others run off when you ask them to help out with the packing?

Or do you guys establish "Losers pack up the game" Rule? :3

Feel free to leave comments :D
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2010, 03:15 PM
RE: Packing up after the game
I'm OCD with how I pack up my games, so I do it. Sometimes I let the others help me. They're slowly learning which tokens go into which baggies.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Same goes as mqstout. I have special hobby boxes that I pack the figures and pieces in, and use the LNOE box for all the board parts, and the Growing Hunger for the cards... Soon enough I'll condense it all into 1 box. But if I am playing with someone elses, I always make sure to give a hand and pput things away properly.

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/rg__13/AnImAtEd%20GIF%20ImAgEs/thMrsVoorhees-Zombie.gif[/IMG]
Find all posts by this user
12-09-2010, 05:48 PM
the guys I game with are avid board gamers. we always use ziplock baggies to hold parts. so all chits have theor own small baggies, decks get a bag.. mini's get a hard case since they are now painted. so at pack up.. everyone starts consolodating pieces as i get the baggies out then we fill a baggie at a time and stack in the box as we go. so, group effort, with me doing slightly more of the work then any other individual.. but only because the actual owner of the game usually has their own way to pack..

soundguy
12-09-2010, 06:36 PM
When playing my games, I like to pack them up perfectly, and enjoy seeing all of the pieces one last time as I put them away. I often ask my guests to do specific things like "gather all of your hero cards in one pile and face them all upright," or "put all of the dice in this little bag." When playing other's games, I generally ask "What can I do to help pack up?"
12-09-2010, 07:16 PM
yep.. pretty much the same as me.. get it all consolodated, then pack organized.

soundguy
12-09-2010, 09:33 PM
After I've finished the game and drained all guests of blood I pack the game away quickly before sunrise...Zombie11
12-09-2010, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2010 11:27 PM by Mal_Luck.)
Currently I've only played with my younger siblings, I let the youngest leave and my other brother helps me group the pieces, then I pack them up myself in their bags.

Course if I played with my friends, it'd probably be like when I clean up after DnD, generally I have to do it.
12-10-2010, 01:01 AM
What usually happens is I pack most of the game away, as my partner Kathy shuffles the card decks ready for the next game. She uses the deal shuffle method.
12-10-2010, 02:11 AM
deal shuffle?