Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Allies from AToE
09-23-2021, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2021 10:24 AM by samuraitrev.)
Painted Allies from AToE
Hi all, I've finished more Allies for my current AToE project.

After lots of research to find suitable, time period models I found these by a company called Blue Moon Manufacturing. Distributed by Old Glory Miniatures https://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/prodd...od=BMM-108 Colonial American Civilians Delani, Selena and Carla are all from the Things That Go Bump in the Night set BMM108. This set of 20 minis is priced at £36.45 ($50) Yes, that's how much I wanted these, madness thinking about it!Zombie16

Jack is from another company called Perry Miniatures https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product...civilians/ AW73 Civilians (it's a set of 8 minis) £7.50 ($10.29)

Pros and cons of these miniatures:
(just my unprofessional opinions)

Pros
Thematically perfect

Cons:
EXPENSIVE (The Blue Moon Stuff)
Metal bases that needed removing for my tastes.
Mould lines running in places that they just shouldn't (eg straight over faces)
not great dimensions,
not the most beautiful sculpts (facially)
poor detail in places e.g. hands like mittens

Conclusion:
Overall, I would grade these miniatures as 2/5.
They took some work to make them look better than they actually are. Zombie17 Lots of shading and highlights to give the illusion of detail that just isn't there in the sculpts. Their faces are quite ugly with bulging eyes but you know what? I still like 'em. They're perfect time period for my game and I've already used one of them in a game. Carla followed my wife's character around on the board only to be brutally killed.Zombie13

Here's how Selena looked before a little customisation (the candle is actually part of an iron nail)

I'd really like to know your thoughts out thereWatchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2021, 01:41 AM
RE: Painted Allies from AToE
Wow, your dedication to bringing this game alive is just phenomenal. I just love your personal additions to the game, not to mention the excellent paint work and basing. I'm really not a fan of metal minis but I think your effort in bringing them alive via the detailed paint work really paid off.

Its gotta be hard to find good mini variety in this setting.

Thanks as always for sharing!!
09-24-2021, 09:00 PM
RE: Painted Allies from AToE
Sam youse got De Magic in De Brush-that metal Selena looks like CRAP ! If you'll come across the pond & work
on my "Mountain of Shame" it's free Beer.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: