Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Bloated Body Zombie by (4aminis) (strong stomach required)+HF Surf Zed.
03-17-2011, 04:13 PM
RE: Painted Bloated Body Zombie find(strong stomach required) and Surf Zed.
Oh jeez man! You are far too organized!

This is what a proper painting area looks like:

[Image: clutter.jpg]

(just kidding of course. I'd give my left nut if i could be more organized....Hell, I've already got kids, I might as well give both.)

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Haha I couldn't work like that I'd be overwhelmed! One slight breeze and CRASH!!! Even all the tools I layed out are there for show and are usually packed away. How many half finished projects have you got going? How do you find the colour you need?

I'm guessing appearences are deceptive and bet you know where everything is...

Thanks for sharing your painting shrine man!Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
03-17-2011, 07:45 PM
(03-17-2011 06:51 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Haha I couldn't work like that I'd be overwhelmed! One slight breeze and CRASH!!! Even all the tools I layed out are there for show and are usually packed away. How many half finished projects have you got going? How do you find the colour you need?

I'm guessing appearences are deceptive and bet you know where everything is...

Thanks for sharing your painting shrine man!Watchmen02

LOL....No, you'd be right, I end up searching for everything I need. However, I used to be able to categorize it pretty well in my head, but the older I get the less that's working.

I'm embarrassed to say how many 'half-finished' projects I have going on. Let's just say more than a few.

This year, however, I've made a real concerted effort to get more focused and see projects through to the end. So far I've finished 16 miniatures. (that's a big feat for me!) For every new one I paint, I'm addressing a 'half-finished' one as well.

I do have a wide variety of tastes, so while I may paint a zombie now, I'll move on and do a sci-fi model next.

Zalgo....he comes.
03-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Cool, speaking of different tastes. I'm off to sample various tasting real ales. I'll raise my glass for ya!

Can anyone out there top Supervikes painting desk? Or wanna show us your painting den send us those pics!Watchmen02
03-18-2011, 01:10 AM
(03-17-2011 12:15 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Any stage or technique in particular you'd like to see?

I just thought that the shots of Ash going from Basic to Wash/Inks/Shading to Highlighting, (coupled with your great close-up shots) were very interesting and helpful to any aspiring painters. Any type of 'before' and 'after' pictures between any of the steps would be great. You have my thanks for your efforts to inform!

Just say NO to 'house rules'.
03-18-2011, 07:02 AM
I am finishing up my Sherrif Anderson and Jenny mini's, and I have been meaning to ask you this. What do you do when you get a brush hair (or any fuzz) on the mini while you are painting? When the paint is wet or dry? I have tried tweezers, my brush, toothpicks, Q-tips (very stupid, made matters much worse), but always end up messing up the paint to get the hair off. Is there a super-secret way to de-hair your mini without F-ing it all up?
03-18-2011, 09:48 AM
I don't think the surfboard needs bloodspatter, it got washed off when that Zed was walking in the sea Watchmen02

When I get a hair or dust thing on my figures I use my smallest brush wich I made wet and then just pick the hair right off.

No working space here, I work in my livingroom and then put all the stuff away again after I'm done.
I needed to do that because otherwise my girlfriend started to organise it and put it away....she has no idea how delicate thise unvarnished mini's are.
Well...no she knows...or starts to get an idea after I almost explode when I saw what she did Watchmen02

I don't paint all the time so I don't need a working space. I paint once in a while when I feel the urge and then the stuff dissapears in the closet again for 10 months Zombie17

I am the reason God stopped watching.
03-18-2011, 12:27 PM
(03-18-2011 07:02 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  I am finishing up my Sherrif Anderson and Jenny mini's, and I have been meaning to ask you this. What do you do when you get a brush hair (or any fuzz) on the mini while you are painting? When the paint is wet or dry? I have tried tweezers, my brush, toothpicks, Q-tips (very stupid, made matters much worse), but always end up messing up the paint to get the hair off. Is there a super-secret way to de-hair your mini without F-ing it all up?

Emp's got it. Small brush slightly wet and just touch the offending object to lift it off. Don't wet the brush too much or it will cause the apocalypse!

@Ryuk. Got it. I will do a complete break down of the painting stages next time. I might even make it a two parter. Right from bare metal to varnishing stage. I sometimes forget that some people are new to painting or are thinking about giving it a go. How's that sound?
03-18-2011, 02:18 PM
once again great job.
I don't like how cartoon-ish they are but that's on who made them not your painting.