Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Bloated Body Zombie by (4aminis) (strong stomach required)+HF Surf Zed.
03-16-2011, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2011 06:51 PM by samuraitrev.)
Painted Bloated Body Zombie by (4aminis) (strong stomach required)+HF Surf Zed.
Hi folks thought I'd share these cool figs I've found with you.

The first one is by Hasslefree Miniatures called Zombie Surfer. Those who've been following my exploits may remember he was given to me as a gift by the head sculptor and owner of Hasslefree. At Kelham Hall games day. So with honour at stake I thought I'd spend some time on it and try and do a good job. I hope you guys approve!

Checkout the zombie's Sun Track Marker!

Next up another zombie from the Kelham Hall games day. I must confess this model just came in a small plastic bag when I asked at one of the stands for undead. He gave me a funny look and handed me this bloater! I knew I had found my bloated body figure. I always invisaged that his guts would be pouring out so I bought it for £2 a steal! The maker of this figure is unknown but if I can find out I will add the link. Thanks to Supervike it's http://www.fouraminiatures.com/page4.htm .Here he is in all his blubbery glory!

OI YOU!! TELL YOUR MATES ABOUT TZG OR I'M COMIN' FOR YOUR BRAIN, YES YOU!!!

Here's a picture (just for size comparisons) between LNOE Survival of the fittest plastic zombie and the bursting bloater.

If you want to paint your own zombies check out this previous guide I did. http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ied-Matter

I hope you enjoyed looking at my latest models. I'm now painting Buffy, Willow and Spike...

If you'd like to see the painted heroes from LNOE look here http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/thu...p?album=25

If you'd like to check out my painted zombies look here http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/thu...p?album=26

As always your questions and comments are welcomeWatchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2011, 05:13 PM
RE: Painted Bloated Body Zombie find(strong stomach required) and Surf Zed.
awesome bloater and these paint jobs are phenom!!
03-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Wow.....those are amazing. I would love to get my hands on those!

Organize before they Rise.

In the head and not the chest,
head shots are the very best.
03-16-2011, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2011 11:45 PM by Emp.)
Once again a nice job Trev.
I'm not realy sure with the purple though. I find it a little too "bright" but that just my taste I guess.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Nice work, Trev!
03-17-2011, 01:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2011 01:43 AM by samuraitrev.)
Thanks for looking guys your comments spur me on to keep painting more stuff! You keep checking out the painting, I'll keep posting 'em for you!
(03-16-2011 11:44 PM)Emp Wrote:  Once again a nice job Trev.
I'm not realy sure with the purple though. I find it a little too "bright" but that just my taste I guess.

I must admit I thought I may have gone overboard with the rigor mortis purple. I guess I'll just have to put up with 'em now Zombie03

Thanks for your opinion, I value it sir.
03-17-2011, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2011 04:29 AM by supervike.)
Well done on both!

Kev at Hasslefree seems to be a great guy, and uber talented!

Pretty sure that bloater is a 4-A miniature, sculpted by Jim Bowen. He's a very unsung sculptor, I've got a few of his minis, and I dig his simple and clean style.

I just finished painting up a couple of 'Tank' zombies, but have yet to take pics (i suck at pics). I Love painting zombies!

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Really like the abs on that surfer, and the board design is beautiful.

The gore you added to the base of that bloater really makes him look drippy. You are the mini-fig gore king!
03-17-2011, 10:17 AM
(03-17-2011 07:46 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  and the board design is beautiful.

I agree...but shouldn't there be some blood splatter on it? (If I could paint, I probably wouldn't splatter up something I worked so hard to look nice either!)
Cool stuff, as usual!

And I'd like to add some appreciation to your photography skills! These close-up shots are great!
If I may, could we see some more 'work in progress' shots like you did with Ash? (For any future works...it's nice 'how-to' help for wannabe-painters like me.)

Just say NO to 'house rules'.
03-17-2011, 12:15 PM
@Supervike thanks for the help tracing that figure. You really do know your zombies. I love painting zombies too it never goes staleZombie20

@Vikinglad The gore's probably one of my favorite stages of painting (you can probably tell). Part of having all the gore on the base is I wanted it to be different and recognisable to other players. This is because he's a Grave Weapon zombie. All my other zombies have Scorched Brown bases but because this is a 'Grave Weapon' zombie I have painted the base Terracotta. I wanted to make the different colour more natural and suit the model thematically.

@Ryuk Yeah the board's is a little too pristine, but as you said I couldn't bring my self to splatter red all over it! It took ages and if I'd made mistakes they would have been hard to cover. 1) Because the colours are predominatly bright. If I'd have been unhappy with some dark blood splatter I would have had to go right back to White. 2) Even had I done that I could possibly risk the overall finish losing its smoothness. I'm just pretending he's been buried with it in a crypt so it's not covered in blood 'n mud!

I'm glad you like the pics. I use a 100W Spotlight about 8" from the models here's a pic of it on my desk

If you look at the back top row of paints. I stand my models on there and take the shot. I use an Olympus U1030SW camera 10.1 megapixels set to Supermacro (without flash). I don't know much about cameras but after lots of blurry shots I think I'm gettin' there.

I will include some work in progress shots next time. Consider it done. Any stage or technique in particular you'd like to see?

Thanks allWatchmen02