Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Doc Broady: Country Physician (LNoE Townsfolk) from CP Models
01-19-2013, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 10:38 PM by samuraitrev.)
Painted Doc Broady: Country Physician (LNoE Townsfolk) from CP Models
Hello again. I've been painting this guy today. He's from a company called CP Models take a look here http://www.cpmodelsminiatures.co.uk/
This is how he originally looked. He's called Labourer on the site and he's in the Victoriana section.

I had to cut the front of his shirt and scarf and turn it into a tie. The hat had to go too. I used green stuff to give him a bit of hair. I also got rid of the spats at the bottom of his legs and used green stuff to give him longer trousers.

I really like the fact that a doctors main asset are their hands. Now it's the Zombie apocalypse and there's probably countless dying and wounded and he's stood there with his hands in his pockets! It tickles me for some reasonZombie17

Jeb: "What do we do Doc? Is there a cure?"
Doc: "There's an old country remedy for Zombies...an AXE!"

If you'd like to learn how to paint miniatures watch my video guides here http://www.youtube.com/user/samuraitrev1/videos?view=0
Please take a moment to commentWatchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2013, 11:00 PM
RE: Painted Doc Broady: Country Physician (LNoE Townsfolk)
This is insane..the way you transformed him..so much talent I envy it Trev. *lifts jaw back up* he looks great my man..as do all the rest. I look forward to seeing the rest of them as they come!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-19-2013, 11:12 PM
Amazing job, Samuraitrev. I really like the customization. For some reason you make it look so easy both having the thought that the dock worker could be turned into a lazy doctor and to eventually make the transition using green stuff and some INCREDIBLE TALENT!

Man, your figs look awesome, and you make them tell a story. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.

How do you find the time? I have the feeling of having too many unfinished projects (for LNoE alone) like the unpainted figures piling up at home...

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2013, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 02:54 AM by samuraitrev.)
(01-19-2013 11:00 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  This is insane..the way you transformed him..so much talent I envy it Trev. *lifts jaw back up* he looks great my man..as do all the rest. I look forward to seeing the rest of them as they come!

Thank you very much. If you liked these wait until the next one. Painting starts tomorrow!
(01-19-2013 11:12 PM)scarydk Wrote:  How do you find the time? I have the feeling of having too many unfinished projects (for LNoE alone) like the unpainted figures piling up at home...

Thank you scarydk I'm glad you think they worked out. I somehow manage to paint most weekends (as I work full time) but I've started just painting an hour here an hour there when I can. I have a 2 year old as well so family always comes first. I think I'm getting a bit quicker which helps!
01-20-2013, 07:29 AM
you've got some serious skill with minis my friend, I only hope that if and when we do get the Townsfolk Characters they have minis (Some kind of character pack) because there is no way some of us could come close to the awesome work you're doing lol. I cant wait to see Farmer Sty Dep. Taylor and Mr. Hyde

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
01-20-2013, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 02:03 PM by samuraitrev.)
(01-20-2013 07:29 AM)ZombieWaffle Wrote:  you've got some serious skill with minis my friend, I only hope that if and when we do get the Townsfolk Characters they have minis (Some kind of character pack) because there is no way some of us could come close to the awesome work you're doing lol. I cant wait to see Farmer Sty Dep. Taylor and Mr. Hyde

Thanks Zombiewaffle. I wish the great frog would hurry up and bring out the Townsfolk character cards. Mind you the Townsfolk tokens are used in certain scenarios such as Hunt For Survivors, Rescue Mission, Run For It! and All Hallows Eve. Instead of using the Townsfolk Tokens in these scenarios I will use the Townsfolk miniatures insteadWatchmen02
01-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Great job on all the figs there man. Truely amazing skills.
The doc k
Gives me the creeps. He's got a look in his eyes like a childmolestor on a school playground!

I am the reason God stopped watching.
01-20-2013, 05:52 PM
(01-20-2013 05:06 PM)Emp Wrote:  Great job on all the figs there man. Truely amazing skills.
The doc k
Gives me the creeps. He's got a look in his eyes like a childmolestor on a school playground!

LOL! You've certainly got a way with words! It's funny you should say that though, my wife says he's got creepy eyes. Maybe he's the Zombie Master...
01-20-2013, 07:36 PM
He certainly looks like he knows more than he is showing or telling.
Makes you wonder what he has in his pockets...

I am the reason God stopped watching.