Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted GenCon Preview Enemies
03-18-2016, 07:50 PM
RE: Painted GenCon Preview Enemies
Hell Vermin completed this morning...
[Image: Hell%20Vermin.jpg]

I just have the Scourge Rats and Nest left now. I will get to them sometime next week I am hoping. Then I have some corpse piles that I picked up as well as variants for the Otherworld versions of enemies, Swamp Slashers, Bogbats, Lava Bats, and Souls of the Damned.

Not to mention the 2 new packs that will be out in April, Targa Custodians and the Dark Stone Hydra.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2016, 11:59 AM
Keep 'em coming brother.
Question: What are the jewel things on the bases?
Great work again by the way. How did you get so good at painting in such a relatively short time. Share your secret it will inspire others!Zombie17

+1 rep
03-19-2016, 12:49 PM
(03-19-2016 11:59 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Keep 'em coming brother.
Great work again by the way. How did you get so good at painting in such a relatively short time. Share your secret it will inspire others!Zombie17

+1 rep

The jewel looks to be a Dark Stone Shard- I bought a bag
of dark purple ones from a craft store to replace the cardboard
tokens.

Nice job A8r

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-21-2016, 03:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2016 03:42 AM by Anim8r.)
(03-19-2016 11:59 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Keep 'em coming brother.

+1 rep

The "Dark Stone shards" that I use on my enemy bases, I make them from these little clear decorative "gems" that are used in floral arrangements. I base paint in purple and then dry brush a mix of 1 purple / 1 hot pink / 5 white. Once the entire model is dry and sealed, I go over the Dark Stone with a high gloss clear coat.

As far as how I got good at painting, LOTS of YouTube videos and patience. Plus I learned the benefits of washes and dry brush technique. Zombie03 Thanks again

I also just got surprised on my anniversary today with the 8 alt gender Heroes and Undead Outlaw Gang! My wife bought them from someone on eBay, who just got wave 1.5 and didn't want them. Watchmen02