Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Lara Croft miniature (look alike)
06-25-2011, 12:38 PM
RE: Painted Eve by Hasslefree (Hmm she looks a bit like Lara Croft)
(06-25-2011 08:32 AM)Emp Wrote:  How do you get the paint to look so clean?
For reals. That hair is silky smooth!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2011, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2011 02:55 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Painted Eve by Hasslefree (Hmm she looks a bit like Lara Croft)
(06-25-2011 03:26 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Beautiful as always. The eyes on this sculpt look kinda tricky to deal with; I really like the way you's came out.

Eyes are always tricky they can make or break a figure (.) (')

I just tried to shoot some pics of my finished Oakley Ash mini, but as cool as he came out, the pics themselves are shite. I am just as impressed with your photography as I am with the paint job! Great work.

Thank you. My advice towards taking the pictures is get plenty of light, practice and if you can get/borrow a camera with a good zoom. Failing that maybe take a picture of all your figures mid game at a distance. I'm sure you're probably being hard on your selfWatchmen02
(06-25-2011 08:32 AM)Emp Wrote:  "packing the beer now" Watchmen02

Trev, one question.
How do you get the paint to look so clean?
Mine always turns out a little flaky when it dries, as you can see on the pics I posted.
When I try using more water then the paint doesn't really cover it any more. Or do you use several layers?
(I'm scared of doing that, especialy on faces)

Always use clean water (change everytime you sit down to paint). You should even change the water after painting metallics, or use a different water pot for metallic paints. This is often overlooked but can make a big difference causing light colours to appear dirty/smirched, or to be flaked with shiny bits.

Always mix your paints with a very small amount of water. (I'm going to do you a guide today with photos) I think it's just about impossible (as far as I know) for companies to produce a paint that will cover black/white in 1 solid and smooth coat. I know GW have produced foundation coats which are thicker than 'normal' paints with a higher pigmentation but this stuff is thick!

To be honest I think your painting is very good. I'm looking forward to that beer(just loading up the fridge)Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply