Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Lizzy: Shopkeeper (LNoE Townsfolk) from Hasslefree Miniatures (Madge)
01-21-2013, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 10:30 PM by samuraitrev.)
Painted Lizzy: Shopkeeper (LNoE Townsfolk) from Hasslefree Miniatures (Madge)
Work gave me the day off today because of the snow. The snowman's already built so it was time for more painting! I bought this model from Hasslefree Miniatures and she's named 'Madge' http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?category=m...dventurers

I didn't really see much point in customising this figure as she had everything. The black apron, shotgun and she's an old woman. She's even got a striped jacket on. It was meant to be! Anyway I got cracking last night and finished her off today. Take a look.

T-Bone: "Hey Lizzy, I think I saw a Zombie in your shop..."
Lizzy: "Stand back kids, grandma's got a score to settle!"

Al comments most welcome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: Painted Lizzy: Shopkeeper (LNoE Townsfolk)
Any thoughts on Lizzy?
01-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Dude you are ridiculous..I don't understand..

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-23-2013, 08:35 AM
They look fantastic! My favourites are Lizzy and the Doc, the others are superbly painted but the models are a bit too bulky for my taste. As for the painting I really like the highlighting you do, and her boots for some reason. Looking forward to seeing more!

A great inspiration for painting figures, but also a high standard to meet Watchmen02

"What is it about a zombie that appeals to me? I don't know. Maybe that it's just the most possible - I don't know - of all the supernatural entities."
- Scott Ian
01-23-2013, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2013 06:56 PM by samuraitrev.)
(01-23-2013 01:37 AM)zachmaio Wrote:  Dude you are ridiculous..I don't understand..

I'm just getting warmed up. I'm working on the next Townsfolk now...Watchmen02
(01-23-2013 08:35 AM)Sierra Wrote:  They look fantastic! My favourites are Lizzy and the Doc, the others are superbly painted but the models are a bit too bulky for my taste. As for the painting I really like the highlighting you do, and her boots for some reason. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thank you very much Sierra. I think my favorite's probably the Doc so far, just because of his I don't give a f pose. The highlighting's one of the stages that really brings the figure to life.
01-23-2013, 06:56 PM
(01-23-2013 12:36 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Any thoughts on Lizzy?

Holy crap, Samurai. All of these look terrific but the detail on Lizzy is ridiculous! The lines on the jacket, the shading on the boots...bravo!

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
01-23-2013, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2013 07:14 PM by samuraitrev.)
(01-23-2013 08:35 AM)Sierra Wrote:  A great inspiration for painting figures, but also a high standard to meet Watchmen02

One of my main aims on here is to get more people into the hobby of painting to complement their gaming experience! It's really not that hard to do once you give it a shot. The best way to learn is grab a brush and some paints and go for it. You might surprise yourself! I hear "I haven't got the time/patience" but if you can spend half an hour here and there then it can be done. Do as much as you want, when you want. My main fault many moons ago was getting side tracked. I used to start a model then start hunting through my old White Dwarf magazines for colour schemes or looking on the internet for army lists and extra models. Before I knew it, hours had passed and I had nothing painted to show for it. Many are put off ever painting an army for games such as Warhammer or 40K because the armies look huge in books or on the net but they all started with a model or two. Just add little by little, eventually you get there, the more you do the more you learn and improve. The same applies to your FFP games. You don't have to paint all the Heroes at once. After painting jimbal's 7 Zombies in a batch, I've been painting the Townsfolk 1 at a time and I'm really enjoying it. Anyway if any of you are interested in giving the hobby a go take a look at my videos here https://www.youtube.com/user/samuraitrev1/videos?view=0

Or my in depth guides here on TZG http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...8#pid31388

Happy painting and post those pics!Zombie13
(01-23-2013 06:56 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  
(01-23-2013 12:36 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Any thoughts on Lizzy?

Holy crap, Samurai. All of these look terrific but the detail on Lizzy is ridiculous! The lines on the jacket, the shading on the boots...bravo!

Cheers goodcop. I left the stripes until last I'd been dreading them. I thought thanks FFP for dressing her in that! Glad you like 'em and thanks for having a look at my painting.
01-23-2013, 07:46 PM
The shading and highlighting for the entire bunch is just amazing. The level of detail alone makes me full of envy. These are townsfolk, for crying out loud, and for how many scenarioes are they going to be used? One in ten? They look way better than any of my zeds or heroes for that matter...

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-23-2013, 08:01 PM
(01-23-2013 07:46 PM)scarydk Wrote:  The shading and highlighting for the entire bunch is just amazing. The level of detail alone makes me full of envy. These are townsfolk, for crying out loud, and for how many scenarioes are they going to be used? One in ten? They look way better than any of my zeds or heroes for that matter...

Haha The 'crying out loud' made me laughZombie17 Thanks for having a look scarydk. I just wish you guys lived closer and we could all use them for games.
01-23-2013, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2013 08:15 PM by Anim8r.)
These look great! I've been saying for the last 4 months that I need to start painting my FANG minis...

Side note... When are we going to see a TJ Thoroughbred mini?