Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Old Betsy and Zombie Betsy from Mega Miniatures
03-22-2012, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2014 02:31 PM by samuraitrev.)
Painted Old Betsy and Zombie Betsy from Mega Miniatures
Greetings to you all. Well I sent off for this dog miniature from Monday Knight Productions http://www.mondayknight.com/Miniature%20.../Dogs.html Which is close to a version of Old Betsy as I could find. I think she's a Bloodhound

and yes I also read somewhere Old Betsy is a she. For a start Betsy is a shorted version of Elizabeth anyway.

Here's how the scale compares. She's mounted on a metal base.

I snipped this off at the preperation stage and put her on a 25mm base to match the rest of my minis.

She's painted Bubonic Brown
Ogre Flesh Wash
1st Highlight Bubonic Brown
2nd Highlight Bubonic Brown and Bleached Bone 50/50
3rd Highlight Bubonic Brown and Bleached Bone 25/75

I also couldn't resist doing Zombie Betsy so I ordered two. I had to chop up another 2 dogs to make this figure and did some pinning to strengthen it. Hope you like.

I was thinking of a house rule to use Zombie Betsy maybe once she's removed i.e. The Zombies roll a 5+ on their next turn.
Roll 1 die on odds Old Betsy Turns into Zombie Betsy.
She always moves towards the nearest Hero with D3 movement.
She has 1 attack die and 1 wound.
If there's more than 1 Hero in a square. Heroes choose who fights Betsy.
She does count towards the Zombie pool limit of 14 but does not count as a point in Die Zombie Die etc.

To balance this out the Heroes get to draw a free Hero card to give to whoever they choose.

Please comment and any other ideas about Zombie Betsy please share.Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2012, 10:12 AM
RE: Painted Old Betsy and Zombie Betsy from Mega Miniatures
Nice find there Trev.
And a cool looking custom zombie Betsy.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-22-2012, 05:43 PM
I really like the zombie betsy. The pose came out really good. Maybe the play mechanics could stay the same for zombie Betsy, but affect the heroes instead? Maybe ranged attacks can kill it too?
03-23-2012, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2012 02:16 AM by Darth Trey.)
Here is an idea.

Zombie Betsy:
Must move with one of the zombies it was originally keeping tied to one square.
(my idea branches into two different ideas)
Either, counts as a zombie tword the zombie pool but not to the total number of killed zombies and fights normally as a zombie would except may not roll any extra fight dice for any reason.
Or, the zombie to who old Betsy is attached to may roll one extra fight dice than normal.
Or, the zombie to who old Betsy is attached has one extra wound.
Sorry three diff ideas

Through victory my chains are broken.
03-23-2012, 02:25 AM
I like the idea that Zombie Betsy instinctively follows a new Zombie as its master. I will see if I get any more ideas and possibly use this if my group agree.
03-23-2012, 04:53 AM
Very nice models Trev! Did you have to sand down a part of her lower jaw, or did you just mold a new one?
03-23-2012, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2012 06:32 AM by vikinglad.)
I really like those ideas, Darth Trey. I think I like the extra wound one best. The first wound could always take out ZB first. I think it would work great with the rule that SamuraiTrev suggested about Betsy turning zed on a roll of 1. Sounds like fun.
03-23-2012, 10:52 AM
(03-23-2012 04:53 AM)phantomninja Wrote:  Very nice models Trev! Did you have to sand down a part of her lower jaw, or did you just mold a new one?

The tail and top part of the head are from the original bloodhound by Megaminiatures. The body is from GW LotR dog. The lower jaw is from another LotR dog. There was quite a bit of filing down and snipping required and I pinned the head to the body.
05-07-2012, 12:26 PM
You have just given life to Zombie Betsy. Looking forward for more nice work from your hands. How about some deadly piranha poodles next? Watchmen02

Seriously speaking though. Excellent work.

I like the house rule suggestions for Zombie Betsy. Once I get around to throw an undead version on the board, I'll go with those rules. A while back I read the suggestion that the Heroes should be allowed to draw the Betsy card from the Discard Pile (assuming the card has been played, and remove the token or Betsy mini from the board) should the Heroes end their turn in the same space as the living Betsy. This should give the Heroes some motivation not to leave their dog behind although it does seem like the hole point. Well, we haven't played with that rule but I kind of like it from the zombie perspective; give the Heroes a reason to break one simple horror survival rule: NEVER go back for anything you've lost.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Thanks scarydkWatchmen02