Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Suzy and Zombie Suzy From Hasslefree.
02-25-2011, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2011 01:58 AM by samuraitrev.)
Painted Suzy and Zombie Suzy From Hasslefree.
Hi all I'm going to keep adding to this everytime I paint another figure so keep having a look because I'm blitzing plenty of figs.

This model is called Suzy by Hasslefree miniatures.

Undercoated GW spray White. For prep. of figure see my previous guides with regards to cleaning mould line etc. Bear in mind each colour used had a small amount of water added to the palette. This is important because it stops your paint drying out and ensures you get a smooth coat of paint and not losing any detail. If you are not getting good coverage with your paints chances are you're using too much water. She's painted in Johnny's colour scheme so she looks like she's from Woodinvale Highschool.

Basecoat Suzy
Flesh-Tallarn Flesh, Hair-Scorched Brown, Skirt+Hairband-Tausept Ocre, Jacket-Mordian Blue and sleeves left White, Socks-left White undercoat, Knickers-Tentacle Pink, Sword-Choas Black.
Zombie Flesh-Astronomican Grey, Blood-Terracotta

Wash(Shading) Suzy
Flesh-Ogryn Flesh, Hair-Devlan Mud, Skirt+Hairband-Gryphonne Sepia, Brown Ink under skirt, Jacket-Asurmen Blue, Sleeves+Socks+shirt 1/3 Astronomican Grey 2/3rds Water. Knickers-Leviathan Purple.
Zombie Flesh Leviathan Purple, Blood Brown Ink.

Highlights Suzy
Flesh 1st highlight Tallarn Flesh and Dwarf Flesh 50/50, 2nd added Elf Flesh to the mix. 3rd more Elf Flesh. Go for subtlety here the face and flesh is worth the extra time and effort. Try to aim that each highlight blends into the next to complement each other. This is called a layering technique where the area painted on gets gradually smaller.
Hair-Drybrushed Calthan Brown, Skirt+Hairband-1st Tausept Ocre and Skull White 50/50 2nd added more white to the mix,
Jacket-Mordian Blue+Ultramarine Blue 50/50 2nd added more Ultramarine blue 3rd added Space Wolves Grey.
Sleeves+Socks+Shirt-Skull White
Knickers Tentacle Pink+Skull White 50/50
Sword-Choas Black+Boltgun Metal 50/50 2nd Mithril Silver on the sword edge. On the handle Adeptus Battlegrey
Zombie Flesh- 1st Astronomican Grey 2nd Astronomican Grey+Skull White 50/50

For basing (Khemri Brown on the soil, Astronomican Grey on the rocks and two coats of Scorched Brown around the base edge. 1 coat would leave it looking patchy) and varnishing (GW Matt spray) see my previous guide for more basing and varnishing tips. A point you may find interesting is I applied a small amount of gloss varnish to the blood and the Katana to give a wet look and a shine.

It's worth spending extra time on eyes teeth and lips but just take it slow here and if you make a mistake tidy up and try again. Bear in mind it's not the end of the world if you don't get the glint of light shining on the model's pupils!

I hope you enjoyed checking out my latest model. Soon to follow a step by step painting guide of Ash from Evil Dead...

Questions and comments are as always most welcomeWatchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2011, 11:33 PM
RE: Painted Suzy and Zombie Suzy From Hasslefree.
Hi I've just re-titled this thread. I should have the Ash figure up by tomorrow.
03-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Trev....you are INSANE ! Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Nice work as usual Trev!
03-02-2011, 12:35 AM
wonderful work. Do you do any other painting?
03-02-2011, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2011 01:18 AM by samuraitrev.)
(03-02-2011 12:35 AM)kkamena Wrote:  wonderful work. Do you do any other painting?
[/quote

Thank you. I really enjoy painting them.

Scenery wise I've scratch built and painted a 4' by 4' Moria board for LOTR. Which a game shop wanted to buy, In the end I couldn't part with it. As for canvas work. I've painted things like superheroes such as Spawn. It wasn't anything special.

Short answer no but I wouldn't say never again!

[quote='Emp' pid='15810' dateline='1299019138']
Trev....you are INSANE ! Watchmen02

Haha! I suppose there's no point denying it!Freak02
03-02-2011, 12:05 PM
So we're permitting "Up Skirt"Pics now!

Nice work Trev-you are begining to stir up my painting juices after a several months lull.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-02-2011, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2011 01:55 PM by samuraitrev.)
(03-02-2011 12:05 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  So we're permitting "Up Skirt"Pics now!

I hadn't noticed, trust you to! Zombie03
03-02-2011, 07:45 PM
(03-02-2011 01:52 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(03-02-2011 12:05 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  So we're permitting "Up Skirt"Pics now!

I hadn't noticed, trust you to! Zombie03

Well it was the highlights on the cheeks that caught my attentionWatchmen02

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: