Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted T-Bone Packer: Football Jock (LNoE Townsfolk) Hasslefree Miniatures (Tony)
01-19-2013, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 10:30 PM by samuraitrev.)
Painted T-Bone Packer: Football Jock (LNoE Townsfolk) Hasslefree Miniatures (Tony)
Hi fellow gamers I've been hunting the web for figures again I've bought loads! I'm going to drip fed these and post them as soon as they're painted. I'm working on a new Townsfolk now, but who will it be? Wait and seeZombie17

This figure is from Hasslefree Miniatures http://www.hfminis.co.uk/

I did a small amount of fiddling with a knife, file and green stuff and T - Bone came to life. Originally he was holding a golf club and a mobile phone. Both of these had to go. As far as I'm aware LNoE is set before the time of mobile phones and why would T- Bone have a golf club? So I gave him a football instead. I also got rid of his baseball cap so he could look more like his Townsfolk Hero card. I turned his t-shirt into a coat and I added the goatee too. It may seem like a lot of work but it took me about 15 minutes to customise. Anyway I hope you approve and take a moment to comment. Thanks!

As I paint more Townsfolk I will add a picture of the group. Here's T - Bone and Jeb the Grease Monkey.

To see the rest of my painted LNoE characters check here http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/thu...p?album=25
To see the rest of my painted Zombies check here http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/thu...p?album=25
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: Painted T-Bone Packer (LNoE Townsfolk)
I'm blown away as always sir. Props to you and all that you do. That is one BIG football!!! The goatee is awesome and Jeb is perfect!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-19-2013, 06:17 PM
RE: Painted T-Bone Packer (LNoE Townsfolk)
(01-19-2013 04:44 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  I'm blown away as always sir. Props to you and all that you do. That is one BIG football!!! The goatee is awesome and Jeb is perfect!

Lol! Yeah the football's huge! I got carried away with modeling putty. Maybe I can pretend it's a massive burgerZombie17 Thanks for commenting Zachmaio.
01-19-2013, 11:36 PM
RE: Painted T-Bone Packer: Football Jock (LNoE Townsfolk)
Is that Jason Hill with a giant burger? Or is that just another amazing Samuraitrev creation? Impressive work. Amazing what you are able to create with green stuff and your amazing painting skills!

It's like you run your own Witness Protection Programme that creates new identities for miniatures. Not sure what HF Tony was running away from but he sure looks like a perfect T-bone.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2013, 03:01 AM
(01-19-2013 11:36 PM)scarydk Wrote:  Is that Jason Hill with a giant burger? Or is that just another amazing Samuraitrev creation? Impressive work. Amazing what you are able to create with green stuff and your amazing painting skills!

It's like you run your own Witness Protection Programme that creates new identities for miniatures. Not sure what HF Tony was running away from but he sure looks like a perfect T-bone.

HahaZombie17 cheers scarydk. It took me a long time (weeks) to find suitable figures I thought I might stand a chance with converting to LNoE Townsfolk. There's still some out there I haven't found yet Deputy Taylor and Coach Packer. Tell you what if anyone can help me out and find some suitable figures I will give them a +1 Rep (bribery gets you anywhere!)
01-20-2013, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 06:26 AM by sgiove.)
Trev,

What about this Reaper Chronoscope figure for Deputy Taylor?

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Chr...test/50267

-Steve
01-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Wow, that mini DOES look like Deputy Taylor! But let's not get carried away too soon. We'll have to wait and see what Sam has to say...

Something tells me, if there ain't no modding necessairy he'll just buy two and turn the second deputy into a three-headed monkey in a crouching position to mock us all! Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2013, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 02:50 PM by samuraitrev.)
(01-20-2013 06:26 AM)sgiove Wrote:  Trev,

What about this Reaper Chronoscope figure for Deputy Taylor?

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Chr...test/50267

-Steve

Great find! I've never ordered from Chronoscope before as I've heard the Heroic scale is much bigger than 'normal' 28mm figures. One way to find out. I got hit with the shipping £14.92 in total for one figure!

Anyway as promised +1 Rep thanks for the fast response!

(01-20-2013 07:41 AM)scarydk Wrote:  Something tells me, if there ain't no modding necessairy he'll just buy two and turn the second deputy into a three-headed monkey in a crouching position to mock us all! Watchmen02

I would've bought 2 but have you seen the price! Hmmm a crouched, mocking, three-headed monkey. That could work...
01-20-2013, 10:46 PM
I've been thinking of ordering Chronoscope figures for some time now but never got around to it. They have a ton of figures in their line that would suit a zombie game (both zombies and survivors).

Trev, when you receive the figure please let us know if there are any scale issues. I'd definitely like to know before I make a large purchase.

Thanks,
Steve
01-20-2013, 11:06 PM
(01-20-2013 10:46 PM)sgiove Wrote:  I've been thinking of ordering Chronoscope figures for some time now but never got around to it. They have a ton of figures in their line that would suit a zombie game (both zombies and survivors).

Trev, when you receive the figure please let us know if there are any scale issues. I'd definitely like to know before I make a large purchase.

Thanks,
Steve

Will do. I will post pictures too.