Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Town Elder Showcase
01-15-2022, 03:41 PM
RE: Painted Town Elder Showcase
(01-13-2022 10:49 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Top notch work again Trev! Hope you get better soon and are able to enjoy playing games with your stunning minis.

Cheers Panzer, my 10 days isolation is up. I'M FREE!! (basically I'm going to my local pub tonight to spend time with humans).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2022, 04:39 PM
Great Sam, however, I do find humans overrated but being in a Pub upgrades the experience.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-16-2022, 04:36 PM
(01-15-2022 04:39 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Great Sam, however, I do find humans overrated but being in a Pub upgrades the experience.

OD

It was worth it mate Zombie17
01-17-2022, 12:03 AM
(01-10-2022 03:47 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(01-10-2022 06:02 AM)Raynor Wrote:  Wow, this is super cool. I'm really impressed how you've built out the game to such an impressive degree. Mad props! And these characters are so on point, and the paint job and basing, masterful as always. Just wow.

Thanks Raynor, these comments always spur me on to get more of the project done and keep delivering more of it so you guys can check it out. I also hope that it will inspire someone to pick up a paintbrush. It's just the greatest hobby. It really adds to the games (even if you just paint the base set of minis with a game). All it takes is a little patience but it's a great way to relax and clear your head. I like to paint whilst listening to music or listening to Youtubers talk about dungeon crawler games.

If you're beginners I recommend Games Workshop's Contrast paint range. You can spray the models with a bright undercoat (Grey Seer, Wraithbone or White). Then you put one of the contrast paints on and you've got a base colour that shades AND leaves highlights. Here's a 4 min. video to show how easy it actually is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39lTbnyhzos
Thanks for the advice! I'm currently using just Army painter beginners kit and am looking forward to branching out to Vallejo and Games workshop to compare.

I also quite enjoy painting while podcasting
01-18-2022, 08:14 PM
(01-10-2022 03:47 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  If you're beginners I recommend Games Workshop's Contrast paint range. You can spray the models with a bright undercoat (Grey Seer, Wraithbone or White). Then you put one of the contrast paints on and you've got a base colour that shades AND leaves highlights.

I do as Sam says and use the Contrast paints. Pleased with my results and the short time it takes to paint then play.