Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Variant Zombies with Grave Weapons (More figs. added 01/07/12)
07-25-2011, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2011 05:51 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Painted Variant Zombies with Grave Weapons by Heresy and others (More figs. added 1/7/11)
Ok more brain munchers for ya.

Barbed wire Zombies with Grave Weapons. The barbed wire is from a company called Urban Construct http://www.wargameterrain.co.uk/ Check out the multilayered buildings and sewers.

Next up Blood Spray Grave Weapon Zombies. Both of the spraying blood was first built with green stuff around a pin and then. The guy's head is stuck to half a support for a Babylon 5 spacecraft. I wanted to make it look like it's just been blown or cut off.

Yep I know I'm sick! Thanks for taking the time to check these out. I had a whale of a time painting them.

Comments most welcomeWatchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2011, 06:44 PM
RE: Painted Variant Zombies with Grave Weapons by Heresy and others (More figs. added 25/7/11)
Freaking awesome job all around! The blood spray is right on.
07-25-2011, 08:19 PM
RE: Painted Variant Zombies with Grave Weapons by Heresy and others (More figs. added 25/7/11)
Glad you approve Phantom. There's more painted figs coming soon (by Hasslefree)
07-27-2011, 11:34 PM
RE: Painted Variant Zombies with Grave Weapons (More figs. added 25/7/11)
Love the dude that lost his head!
07-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Realy cool stuff Trev!

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-29-2011, 06:02 PM
@vikinglad and Emp. I thought you two gorehounds would approve!Zombie13Zombie17 Hey Emp when I come to Belgium I will bring my figures and we'll have a game if you fancy it Zombie03 Loser buys the first pint!
07-01-2012, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 11:59 AM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Painted Variant Zombies with Grave Weapons (More figs. added 01/07/12)
More Grave Weapon Zombies these guys are converted models from Copplestone Castings http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=FW (look up plauge zombies)

07-05-2012, 07:49 PM
RE: Painted Variant Zombies with Grave Weapons by Heresy
These are awesome too! They are amazing! Man, I wish I had... any artistic talent. LOL! I could never do anything like this.

(03-27-2011 01:59 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I can buy into zombies having "animal" levels of intelligence, which includes some basic tool use. Zombies with weapons, though, are usually shown using them either badly (they just never released their grip on it) or using it via "muscle memory".

This is exactly how I feel. I can kind of give a pass to FFP on the zombies with grave weapons for exactly this reason. I can imagine a zombie mindlessly picking up an item, then when getting into a fight, mindlessly clubbing around with it. I don't imagine them knowing what they are doing. I don't imagine them being smart enough to realize they are holding a weapon, and realize how to use it.

Just like a monkey probably wouldn't understand what a machete is, or what a sickle is... but does that mean you'd want to give a monkey a machete or a sickle? And if they somehow picked one up, would you want to be around when they start swinging it?