Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Zombies by Heresy Miniatures (Zombie sets 3 + 4)
02-22-2013, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 02:19 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Painted Zombies by Heresy Miniatures (Zombie sets 3 + 4)
(02-22-2013 02:50 AM)alderdust Wrote:  The kid and the woman look awesome! Those are my favorite!

Thanks for checking these out. The little girl is the smallest Zombie I have. She's a real ankle biter. Maybe the Hero would hesitate before ending her? This would mean a Zombie bite at the least.

(02-22-2013 03:35 AM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  Really nice job, Trev. Definitely a different style than I'm used to seeing from you but they have a very realistic look.

You have absolutely perfected the zombie's wounds - the different shades of red with the black in the middle and edges and the glossiness all combine to make them look like a photograph of a real wound!

Thanks for the feedback goodcop. Judging by the positive feedback I've been getting about the new style. I think I'm going to stick to this formula. I'm glad I've got the wounds right, it's took me years to get that look. Blood's really hard to do. You'd think 'any old red will do' but that's just not the case. When it's done wrong it stands out a mile too; just like in bad films when it looks like tomato sauce!Zombie13

(02-22-2013 04:37 AM)abomination Wrote:  Those look amazing. I really need to try to start painting my zombies.

Thanks for having a look abomination. Go for it start painting those miniatures. You can use the colour scheme I posted above if you want to go for the new Zombie look.
Or you can check out my You Tube video painting guides here http://www.youtube.com/user/samuraitrev1?feature=mhee
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2013, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 02:45 PM by alderdust.)
I didnt know you had a youtube page samuraitrev i am now subscribed ill check them out...im always too scared to paint my minis...im afraid ill f them up
02-22-2013, 06:20 PM
(02-22-2013 02:44 PM)alderdust Wrote:  I didnt know you had a youtube page samuraitrev i am now subscribed ill check them out...im always too scared to paint my minis...im afraid ill f them up

Thank you for subscribing! I think you should give painting a go. Have a practice on your Zombies if you make any mistakes just cover the area in blood!Zombie13 With a little patience and a few paints and a brush you're good to go. It's a great hobby and it's really cool to game with your very own painted minis.

As a side note. My wife and I have been gaming with a fellow TZG member; Spirit, his wife and nephew. We just played our 2nd game on wednesday. It was good to have someone come over and check out and game with all my LNoE minis!Watchmen02 Both close games too, it looks like we've got a new little gaming group going.
02-23-2013, 01:09 AM
Awesome have you been doing reports on those or just the ones with your wife?
02-23-2013, 01:30 AM
(02-23-2013 01:09 AM)alderdust Wrote:  Awesome have you been doing reports on those or just the ones with your wife?

I only do the Game Reports whilst playing LNoE with my wife. As it takes me time to scribble notes and take photos. I do however put the data from the group games into my stats thread.
02-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Amazing as always!

I really have to hone my shading techniques. If I post a couple pics would you give critiques/suggestions?
02-26-2013, 08:19 PM
(02-26-2013 05:38 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  Amazing as always!

I really have to hone my shading techniques. If I post a couple pics would you give critiques/suggestions?

I'd be glad to. I always enjoy seeing other people's painted miniatures. I'd like to see more on here.Watchmen02