Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted models from other games (more added 20/3/18)
06-21-2011, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2011 06:54 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Painted models from other games (more added 25/4/11)
A few more models from my collection I'd thought I'd share!

These are meant to be Dire Wolves (They're actually just wolves). The one at the front is a Doom Wolf with a converted Empire bowman looking pretty flusted on the deck!

Next up my undead Cavalry. Theres a Vampire Lord a thrall and Musisian and standard bearer too. The rest are wights (undead Knights).

Next up Elendil and Isildur leading some warriors of Gondor into battle.

This is Elrond and Gil Galad leading some Elves. I made sure all their colour schemes matched so they look like a unit plus I find 'em more visually pleasing!

This is Galadriel and Bilbo

Last of all Haldir and a band of Wood Elves. I added the string and arrow myself using cotten a pin and a tip of a spear!

Thanks for looking folks I will add more for you to check out soon! I'm painting a certain Crypt Burglar at the moment...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2011, 09:36 PM
RE: Painted models from other games (more added 21/6/11)
Cool idea for the bow strings and arrows! Are these LOTR guys all plastic too?
06-21-2011, 10:16 PM
AWESOME!

Just love the pictures, the settings are epic.

The bow string looks great. I actually used hair from my daughter when I did some bows (plucked from her brush, not from her head) Fragile, but perfect thickness!

See here (painted several years ago!):
[Image: img43bac6121ef29.jpg]

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-22-2011, 11:37 AM
@Vikinglad. The LOTR The Warriors of Gondor, and Elrond's Elves are Plastic. The rest are metal.

@Supervike. Great idea the thickness of the hair is perfect. Thanks for the tip! Cool paint job too I love that coy look you've given her!

I will add more soon!
06-22-2011, 12:31 PM
I'd rather you have plucked live hair from her head. Better story that way. Zombie03
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Nice to see the LoTR figs...that's about all I painted for about 5 years & now we never play.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
06-23-2011, 09:56 AM
(06-22-2011 11:23 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Nice to see the LoTR figs...that's about all I painted for about 5 years & now we never play.

OD

I hear ya Mr OD. Our group played for quite a while but we never play it either.

I think part of it is GW just kept bringing out more, more and more and it was impossible to keep up with all the figures and the corresponding rule books etc. I have tonnes of unpainted figures too (Two drawers full!) I'm guessing you have lots of unpainted LOTR stuff too?
06-30-2011, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2011 11:53 AM by samuraitrev.)
Hello again here's The Fellowship from GW LoTR set.

Gandalf the Grey

Aragorn

Boromir

Legolas

Gimli

Frodo

Limited edition invisible Frodo (wearing the ring)

Sam

Merry

Pippin

07-22-2011, 07:40 PM
RE: Painted models from other games (more added 30/6/11)
I am in awe of some of your painted figures... really makes me want to dig out all of my figures I painted years ago (read: when I collected figures to use for Talisman 2nd ed) I still have all of them and the tons of Reaper and Ral Partha figs I collected since but have stayed in blister or in a bin... <sigh>

You really make me want to find them, strip and repaint those already painted and finally let the others shine for the first time. And honestly, that is the best compliment I can give. truly outstanding.
07-23-2011, 12:01 PM
RE: Painted models from other games (more added 30/6/11)
Thank you very much commandopaul. I hope you get painting again it's a most rewarding hobby. I would really like to see some of those old figures painted up if you can post them.Watchmen02