Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Munchkin Zombies
01-24-2013, 12:30 AM
RE: Munchkin Zombies
totally agree with you zachmaio, my copy of munchkin deluxe arrived last week, played my first game and it was RIDICULOUSLY FUN. helping each other out one round just to stab each other in the back the next. was easily the most fun game i've played just because it's such a relaxed game and the parody theme of it is brilliant, some of the cards got a few laughs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 01:07 AM
(01-24-2013 12:30 AM)SmokinBaraka Wrote:  totally agree with you zachmaio, my copy of munchkin deluxe arrived last week, played my first game and it was RIDICULOUSLY FUN. helping each other out one round just to stab each other in the back the next. was easily the most fun game i've played just because it's such a relaxed game and the parody theme of it is brilliant, some of the cards got a few laughs.

I pulled the stoned golem and nearly peed after reading it..it's hilarious..I can't wait to buy more..and PLAY MORE! I just wish I had more people to play with Insane19

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-24-2013, 01:45 PM
So i bought some munchkin expansions, The Steeds expansion, a monster enhancer booster pack and a dungeon one but only played with steeds and monster enhancer booster.

it turned into a pretty boring game. with steeds and hirelings and all the other treasure we found getting a strong combat level to be all too easy. and there was a plethora of low lvl monsters (we kept finding lvl 1-6 monsters from the expansions.....) definitely going to have to go through the decks and pick out some cards to make it a more interesting game. it's no fun when everyone can straight up beat the monsters they draw.
01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
This makes me sad..I feel like the original game is balanced perfectly. I think we should blame it on bad luck of the draw (well technically good) and hope that next time you run into some worthy opponents! However like you said removing some of the lower level monsters would definitely fix running into them..and then destroying them. There really should be a finite number of level 1/2 monsters..they're only fun when you're a low level.

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-25-2013, 07:12 AM
i went through the decks today and removed a fair few cards, basically the lowest level monster now is a level 5 i think, with only a few monsters below level 10, also removed race and class cards so that there is a maximum of 2 of each in the deck, got rid of all the free level up cards (except the ones that require killing a hireling or a steed etc), basically i tried to design the deck to force players to help each other out, and also screw each other over A LOT, really keen to try it out again cause now probably a third or more of the door deck is tough monsters
01-25-2013, 01:58 PM
The only problem I could see with that is right at the beginning of the game when everyone is a level 1. Unless you draw a 5 and have a lot of help it'll be tough to move from there I would think. It'll just be tough trying to get off that first space if you keep drawing monsters of 10+. I could be wrong though, please let me know how it goes! If all goes well I may try this myself

01-27-2013, 06:02 AM
it worked out pretty damn well. first game was excellent, everyone started off alright, and we were able to help each other (and backstab eachother) to get through some levels, it was a REALLY tight game, we were all around the level for most of the game, near the end i got ahead to level 9 while everyone else was around 5/6 but then they smashed me back down to their level and it was such a tight game as everyone got to level 8/9. was brilliant

the second game didn't work out so well. as everyone now knew the rules, it started off VERY slowly, one player was able to get their combat rating to like 15 while everyone else was stuck around 5, for the first 6 rounds NOBODY got out of level 1, and when they did, they got cursed back down straight away (thanks to me Watchmen02) it was pretty brutal.

all in all it worked REALLY REALLY well. that's without any lvl 1-3 monsters, 1 lvl 4 monster, around 3-5 level 6-10 monsters, then every monster from 10+ in the deck, and all the level ups that don't require killing a hireling or a steed removed.

the deck worked excellently for keeping players helping each other, and keeping players attacking each other. was very fun and i recommend you do the same.
01-27-2013, 06:49 AM
I'm going to give this a test run, I could see this going great. I played again tonight and it was really annoying when my girlfriend drew a level 1 maul rat for her last door before she won..we had nothing that could help the maul rat..uggh. Hopefully will change to tables!

01-27-2013, 10:56 AM
definitely does, makes the game more even and MUCH more climatic.
now i just need to get more expansions for more cards so we can play EPIC rules without the decks running low before even getting to level 10 hahahaha