Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paper 3D buildings
03-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Paper 3D buildings
I saw a site a while back where one could buy plans/pdfs for paper 3d buildings, but I can't remember the name of it. Anyone happen to know of a site that sells these?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2011, 01:38 AM
RE: Paper 3D buildings
No idea. Several people have made threads about doign this, but there are never any finished products. I thought about doing it too because texturing is something I'm good at. Maybe one day.

Try posting under the modeling forum. Plenty of poeple there may know.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
03-03-2011, 04:51 AM
I kind of gave up on my project after thinking through the logistics and price, as well as it not really generating much interest. Too many problems with 3D buildings once I got to know the game better, as they hinder movement and make things like barricades and other markers hard to use, even with trying to keep the buildings shallow enough to reach into easily. Then there's the cost would of printing the buildings, finding something sturdy yet flexible to mount them to, what to do about interior walls, figuring out a way to keep them in shape and not moving around on the board during play...

Anyhow, here's the link to the thread about what I was working on. I might go back and finish it, just to have it done and available for use.

Here are some links to various papercraft buildings, some are for gaming, some are kids crafts, none of them are designed with LNOE in mind, so they might make cool backdrops for displays, but they aren't scaled to fit the dimensions of the buildings in-game 'footprints'
Fat Dragon Games
Microtactix
Combat Storm
Canon Creative Park
Toshiba Tetsu Kids Papercraft
03-03-2011, 05:06 AM
You can go to worldworksgames.com they have lots of awesome stuff

August 17th
We've been receiving a lot of local reports about strange monsters appearing at random throughout the city. This must be the work of Umbrella.
03-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks all. Just what I was looking for. I know there are issues with scale, but I think I can solve them by making the game board very, very big. I want a large piece to take to and run at local conventions where table space isnt a problem.
05-16-2011, 12:06 AM
(03-03-2011 06:11 PM)whitekong Wrote:  Thanks all. Just what I was looking for. I know there are issues with scale, but I think I can solve them by making the game board very, very big. I want a large piece to take to and run at local conventions where table space isnt a problem.

Going to post any pics?