Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Participate in creating a zombie video game
03-21-2013, 02:21 AM
Big Grin Participate in creating a zombie video game
Hey guys, I love zombie games of all platforms and I'm taking a stab at making a video game for the iPad and iPhone. I have a basic premise and gameplay but I'm looking for ideas and advice on how this game should evolve.

My most recent screencap video of the game is up here:
http://youtu.be/Ai1sK63V0Xg

Note that it's in its VERY early stages right now, so don't judge it as if this is what the finished product will look like. The art will be completely different, the gameplay will be tweaked, this is very much a work in progress.

Let me know either here or in comments on the video your thoughts, ideas, etc. Let's make something cool!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Participate in creating a zombie video game
Cool Idea its neat to see a game evolve. A couple of things I think would be cool are if the crowd started to zombify as their life total went down. and Maybe add boosts like a second chainsaw, or a rampaging elephant. I think the idea of them charging at different speeds is better that way there is more to prioritizing which ones to kill next. good job keep up the good work.

Eating brains and taking names.
03-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks. I'm not sure what I want to do with the crowd, if I want them to be animated as well and screaming/thrashing around or if that would be too distracting. Although maybe it would be cool if they sat still and just the area that was getting attacked would thrash and scream, like just the lower right for instance. I do plan on adding powerups like Arkanoid, three chainsaws for a limited time, maybe a lion running through or a clown car. If you think of any other ideas let me know!

(03-21-2013 08:57 PM)abomination Wrote:  Cool Idea its neat to see a game evolve. A couple of things I think would be cool are if the crowd started to zombify as their life total went down. and Maybe add boosts like a second chainsaw, or a rampaging elephant. I think the idea of them charging at different speeds is better that way there is more to prioritizing which ones to kill next. good job keep up the good work.
03-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Have you thought about putting in different types of zombie clowns, say bigger slower more resilient clowns, or midget clown that would be harder to hit.

Eating brains and taking names.
03-22-2013, 12:19 AM
I've thought about adding bearded ladies, maybe they can be a slower 2 hit enemy. Midget clowns that are smaller and faster is an option too. Keep the ideas coming!