Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pathfinder campaign Introduction - recent session.
11-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Pathfinder campaign Introduction - recent session.
Hello there, this is gonna be a fairly long post as I attempt to recant the tales and Adventures of Ikitome Nekenavios, halfling witch who died to save the world. We are still playing this game but the above character died and because of ridiculous DM world settings he was unable to come back. His soul was essentially destroyed andeven with epic level magic in the game there is no way to bring him back. So this post will get you up to speed and end with introduction of my current character, Jackmerian tacktheritrix the Barbarian.

Intro to the world we play in for this campaign. The northern continent of the world is where we begin. She'shara is a very large nation and is intent on conquering all civilizations in the world as they have been tasked with building a vast army to stand against the coming darkness outlined in an ancient prophecy. Another power in the game is the nation of Lorean. A nation with a long history of death and destruction and enslavement of lower dragons to be used as beasts of burden. Lorean is where we will begin.

Now a note for Irish Daigle, feel free to fill in the blanks as I dont remember it all. We have been playing this campign for almost a year. Also Ikitome is clearly the star of this campaign right up until he died and you can shut up if you want to disagree.

The players and their respective characters

Irish Daigle aka Richard my brother - Davis Burchfield or something like that. He isa monk class with lots of secrets to be revealed later.

Chargles one of my closest friends - Sarafina, a mage of sorts whose character has a very interesting storyline throughout the campaign.

Raeven another close friend and Chargles wife - Anaya. A magus class warrior who pops in and out of the game so often chargles has to play her character half the time and they play her so different from one another I chalk it up to her character having a multiple personality disorder.

B Ri G a good friend and ex coworker - Alec Guiness a fighter class and professional soldier who always has his friends back....mostly.

Kyle B Ri's roomate - Sarasomethingridiculousthatstillhasmoresyllablesthanthis a druid race samsarin with a ridiculous play style and didnt last long.

Timmy another good friend - Harmony Charming/Mai a shapeshifting race known as kitsune and a diva...she is a bard.

And finally me, Jim fellow LNOE fanatic - Ikitome Nekenavious Halfling witch using the necromancer archetype. The undisputable star of the show and all around great guy. He has a poppet made of human skin and filled with gravedirt and bones instead of a traditional familiar. Abandoned at birth and taken in by a crazy outsider who lived in the woods near his halfling village. It was this man who is responsible for Ikitome's lack of social abilities and his abilities in the necromantic arts. When his master died of old age, Ikitome was lost and decided to take to the road. After a couple years of travelling the continent he stumbled into Lorean and went to a local tavern. This is were the story begins...

Ikitome, being small is able to navigate the busy streets of the capitol city of Lorean and makes his way to a tavern. Outside is a strange foxlike creature standing above a crowd and siinging and speaking on the woes of the kitsune race. Upon entering the tavern, known as the Rusty Boar(there is one in every town), he sees many people drinking and enjoying themselves. Settling up to the bar and climbing onto a
high stool, he grabs himself a drink. Looking around the bar, there are some strange characters around. A very tall blue skinned woman, some people together at a table dressed in cloaks with strange insignia on it. Another group of soldiers, some men and women in the group. One more group of odd looking soldiers, their cothing does not match that of the rest of the local guard and sodiers in the bar.

Suddenly there is a strange and incredibly loud booming sound and a blinding light sweeps over the city. All those gifted in the arts of magic are sickened by it. A fire breaks out in the bar and once our heroes manage to escape out of the upper floor and onto the rooftops they see the dragons attacking the city. Whatever the light and sound was it sees to have released the hold the Loreans have had over these lower dragons all these years. Free of their enslavement it is obvious they are intenton laying waste to the enitre city.

Ikitome follows some soldiers down off the rooftops and into the alleyways in the city. The strange soldiers are being very protective of one of their partynd the Lorean soldiers are trying to determine the quickest path out of the city and to the relative safety of the outlying forests. Large groups of people are panicked in the streets and the soldiers around are doing their best to try and round them up and lead them out of town. Suddenly, a large dragon comes crashing halfway into the alley. One of the strange soldiers throws up a hand and releases a shiny dust. When the spell goes off it destorys the dragon as intended, however the caster perished with it in a display of magic unseen by the likes of men.

One of the local soldiers states she can get us out of the city and begins heading down side streets, another soldier follows close by and the group of people with us all reach safety outside of the city. Only a few hundred people arrived outside the city safely. While running out of the city, one of the people picked up an item that the fallen soldier had dropped. Upon inspecting this jewel, the man who picked it up activated it and a beautiful elven woman appeared. Elves were believed to be extinct by the world at large. This created a pretty big stir in the crowd and the strange soldiers took defensive stances against the crowd immediately.

The crowd begins to disperse to avoid conflicting with the very serious looking guards in teh strange clothing. These guards brandished firearms, which are also strange in these lands but not nearly as much as an elf appearing out of a crystal. Once things settled down, Ikitome had a chance to speak with a few individuals. He met Mai, who was busy looking for the kitsune woman from the bar, the soldiers of lorean anaya and alec, a couple of mages of the circle Tamlin and his apprentice Sarafina, the strange blue woman sarasomething, the strange soldiers who refused to speak with him, and a man named Davis.

At this point Davis, Alec, and Sarasomething decided they would try to hunt for some food to try and feed the refugees and took to the woods. It was getting dark but they managed to find a very large lion and felt that with the three of them they could take it down and feed most of the group with it and the rations that were available. Davis and Alec decided to try and flank the lion, and the DruidSarasomething thought it would be ideal to cast an entanglement spell. It managed to stop both of her fellow adventures and the lion mauled them all half to death in an epic display of failed saves. They did manage to live through the encounter but only because of another epically faild reflex save on the lions part...some hilarity ensued and the lion managed to break its own neck(DM discretion trying not to kill half the party on the first night).

After feeding the masses as best we couldt was decided we needed to march the refugees to the nearest town and seek assistance. During the first day of travel we managed to get a little info about the elven woman and found her name to be Ella. She was very nervous as Loreans are largely responsible for the near extinction of her race. She warmed up to Davis and using a strange type of magic heped heal the wounds of Davis, Alec, and Sarasomething. One of the strange soldiers also eventually introduced himself as Helric, a diplomat from the She'Sharan Empire, and had taken it upon himself and his companions to protect this elven woman.

Ok, thats it for the intro and the story will continue in here when I have more time. Once caught up to our current game session, I plan to open a new thread for on going game reports. Going forward, the additions will probably not be as long as it is difficult to remember each game session. I will attempt to keep things a little more interesting with actual stories of our in game shenanigans and the best of our combats. Let me know with a reply if you gained any enjoyment from reading and if you would like to see more.

Lastly, I know this is a lot to read and not many will probably take the time or even want to read it. Also know this may not be what the more traditional game reports will be like in here, but I enjoyed just typing it out for fun with some free time so I will probably keep doing it when I have time even if no one reads it ever. SO THERE!

Cheers to all, especially D&Ders and I encourage you to post stories from your campaigns, even if its just highlights.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2012, 01:34 AM
RE: Pathfinder campaign Introduction - recent session.
Some small notes about the appearance and known backstory of the player characters:

Davis is a human.
Sarafina is a gnome.
Mai is a human.
Anaya is a human.
Alec is a human (and his name wasn't Alec at the time, but something else I can't recall).
Sarasomethingorother is a samsaran, a blue-skinned noble race unique to Pathfinder.
Ikitome is a halfling.

Davis (played by me) was a monk with two traveling friends, Ashley and Anthony (sister and brother) at the start of the story. The two of them were simply people Davis had met and got along with, so he traveled with them on a tour around the continent. They just happened to be in the Rusty Boar in Southport when the dragons were loosed.

Sarafina (played by Chargles) was an apprentice sorceress traveling with the Lorean mages and soldiers. She was described at the start of the story as being bright-eyed, full of curiosity, loved dragons, had an indomitable spirit and love of all things living, and just wanted everyone to be happy.

Alec (played by B Ri G) was a soldier traveling with the Lorean mages, basic protection squad.

Anaya was a town guard of Southport, where our story begins.

Mai/Harmony (played by Timmy) was a kitsune who could shapeshift into a human, and she started in Southport by fighting for kitsune rights, because in large portions of the world kitsune were treated as second-class citizens. A big part of her character was dedicated to keeping the secret of her dual nature as human/kitsune.

Sarasomethingorother (played by Kyle) was a samsaran whose goals and motivations were clearly marked the moment the dragons were loosed, because she started cheering them on, telling them to murder everyone. Her other motivation this early on was to profit from everything.

Ikitome (played by Jimbal) was, to the rest of the party, a squirrely little fella who stuck his nose in where it didn't belong. He had bones in his beard, like a caveman.

Davis is the one who grabbed the amulet and inadvertently opened it to reveal Ella, the elf.

When the dragon died in the street, taking the archmage with it, Alec almost died as well from the blast, and it took a different mage to heal him because Sarasomethingorother refused to heal him without payment.

When Ella was freed, Sarafina tried to attack her because as a Lorean mage, she was raised to believe that elves were evil and the cause of the state of the world. Davis, Sarasomethingorother, and Helric intervene on Ella's behalf, though none of them know her.

It's also important to note that Lorean was the superpower of most of the northern continent, having far reach and wide influence. In Lorean, to be a creature capable of wielding magic was inherently evil and only through rigorous training could one be allowed to live and use their art. Very Dragon Age apostate. Of the magic-casting individuals in our party at the start, only Sarafina was a recognized initiate of the Mages' Circle. Ikitome, Anaya, Mai, and Sarasomethingorother would be considered apostates if they were found out.

I'm pretty interested to see how Jimbal remembers everything.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-16-2012, 09:15 AM
RE: Pathfinder campaign Introduction - recent session.
Thanks for the session report!

I love the game, and I'm currently involved in two pathfinder campaigns, one that meets twice weekly, and the other that meets on the twelfth of never and the 30th of february.

The one that meets rarely is a great group of guys, close friends mostly, very into roleplaying and storytelling, and always a good experience.

Sadly, the twice weekly one is made up of a bunch of immature, vulgar, social troglodytes.

Sigh. Zombie20
Find all posts by this user