Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PeteGrey's Painted Heroes- LNoE
02-16-2012, 11:39 PM
PeteGrey's Painted Heroes- LNoE
These characters gave me quite a bit of trouble. But I'm decently happy with them now. If I were to do it over, I'd probably rebase on GW bases and give them an environmental kind of base effect.
[Image: petegrey]
[Image: petegrey]

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2012, 12:52 AM
RE: PeteGrey's Painted Heroes- LNoE
wow love the clear coating, these minis look like they are made of glass ;D

Please... I'm adorable!!
02-17-2012, 03:42 AM
(02-17-2012 12:52 AM)lilvgw Wrote:  wow love the clear coating, these minis look like they are made of glass ;D

Thanks..

At first, I had clear coated them. But after leaving in the box awhile, a bunch of them fused together. I guess this was a problem these had in the beginning. I then used about 5 coats of spray shellac to finish them & no more problem.
02-17-2012, 03:46 AM
Look fun-tastic!

An easy way to get a textured base would be to spread liquid glue on them, then but the models up to their bases in sand for a few hours.

Then you can blow off the stuff that doesn't stick, and paint it green and brown. I'm going to do it to my mini's one of these days, I'll put them up if you're not in a hurry : )