Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Phantom's Studio Miniatures Painting /review 5/16/2012 DONE!!
02-22-2012, 04:58 AM
RE: Phantom's Studio Miniatures Painting Blog/review PICS!
I bought zombie mob 05 just for that body bag zombie lol, i love these minis and i hope they come out with more in the near future
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2012, 09:26 AM
As of Friday night, March 3, 2012 I have applied base coats to 9 miniatures, and fully painted 3 so far. I am far behind schedule but, plan to finish these guys before the 12th of March. I just bought a new camera as well so as soon as I figure out the macro settings I will post the pics.
03-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Ooooh can't wait to see those beautiful brain eating buddies in color.
03-03-2012, 09:54 AM
GO PHANTOM!!!
03-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Nice Watchmen02

I just cleaned, based & primed mine too. First time I use black primer and I can't help it but I do find it harder to see details then with white primer.
I hope I will be able to paint a couple of hours this weekend. Fingers crossed.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2012, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 12:14 PM by Pred.)
Ninja, what is that green mat under the mini's with white lines and
numbers. Just curious because I bought some e-bay items that were
displayed on something very similar, and it would be crazy if I ended
up buying them from you...

well just checked, Im looking to buy them, but still... you arnt trying
to sell any Trollbloods by chance are you?

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
03-03-2012, 09:00 PM
(03-03-2012 12:07 PM)Pred Wrote:  Ninja, what is that green mat under the mini's with white lines and
numbers. Just curious because I bought some e-bay items that were
displayed on something very similar, and it would be crazy if I ended
up buying them from you...

well just checked, Im looking to buy them, but still... you arnt trying
to sell any Trollbloods by chance are you?

The green mat is actually a cutting mat, these things can take the abuse that X-acto knives can dish out. These are very helpful when you dont want to leave scores of cutting marks on the kitchen table! As for the ebay seller, no that is not me. I have no trollbloods at the moment even though they look pretty dang neat.
03-10-2012, 01:58 PM
I just finished one of the Studio's girls trying on a new scheme for zombieflesh.
Unfortunatly now I discovered that my good camera died....grrrr... I guess my trusty Canon Powershot G7 served it's purpose and decided to croak just as I needed it.
I ordered a new camera now (Olympus xz-1) wich has good reviews and is rated as one of the top 4 compact cameras wich scored the highest for taking macro pics. I ordered it on tuesday so I hoped it would be here by this weekend...unfortunatly the gods were not on my side.
Master Darth Trey, I ask of you do send your Sith Hounds on them please.

The one figure I finished is the one on the left hand side of the fat lady in the pics that Phantom posted. I hope to get my new camera soon so I can get new pics up.

So now I started on the guy in the chickensuit.

Still struggling with the black basecoat though. It's my first time and with the white skull coat I'm used to seeing the colours bright and clear. With the black it is another cup of tea but in the end the result is good. It does give a darker finish to the figures. If I compare the one I did now with my clowns you can see the difference very clearly.

As for my findings on the figs themselves. They are great. Awesome figures as well, I really like the different characters. As for finished quality it seems to me that the figures from Studio Miniatures are only surpased in detail by the ones I have here from Hasslefree Mini's.

So if you are looking for quality for your money...look no further and check out Studio & Hasslefree Mini's

I also sent an email to Studio Mini's and asked them if they would be so kind in giving me a small guide on how they painted the flesh on their zombies. Let's hope they respond.

Emp out.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Woah, a 500$ camera. I just spent 75 on a Samsung ST-65 and can not get the macro function down. I have been using Canon for the last five years but, could not pass up the deal on this Samsung. Maybe my wife can decipher the problem??
03-13-2012, 08:50 PM
I finally figured out the Macro on my Samsung! It was a decent day outside so I decided to take these pics outside. I still need to clean up these guys, but wanted to give you sneak peek .

Attached File(s) Image(s)