Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pick or Draw heroes?
03-26-2010, 01:45 PM
RE: Pick or Draw heroes?
Grund, my group's experiencing similar. We're trying out a possible fix tonight: The zombie's "discard an unwanted card" happens *after* (and immediately after, so he doesn't have the card in hand to play) drawing up to 4, instead of before. This subtly reduces the turnover of the zombie hero's cards.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Draw although if a Hero hasn't hit the table in some time
we'll make a draw pool & put that Hero in it.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
03-30-2010, 11:49 AM
When having new players, we let them draw at random.

When playing later games, we let the group choose one of three options.
1) draw at random, and keep the characters
2) draw twice as many characters as needed, and dioscard half
3) choose for yourself.

most times, players choose 2)
05-07-2010, 05:53 PM
my house rule is you can pick your starting heroes, but any that come in mid-game are random
07-21-2010, 04:31 AM
I only managed to rope most of my friends into playing this game by creating custom character sheets so they could play as themselves. Also, it seems natural to me to want to pick your character. But having played a few games, I'm starting to think that random is better.

Hmmm...it almost seems as though being able to choose your heroes should be part of the "dot" system. It can indeed give you an advantage since you can choose heroes who's strengths and weaknesses best suit the given scenario.
12-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Depending on how we are playing *our group incorperates this game in RP sometimes* we pick heroes for RP and random when we are just having fun.
01-09-2011, 11:57 PM
We've been doing random so far, haven't been able to draw the sheriff yet in 6 games so far... Maybe try choosing 1 and drawing the rest of the team? My first game I had the 3 students and the priest. Didn't go so well as they were all pretty fragile.
01-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Only 7 games so far. But we have been selecting random. The tendency to go for the Sheriff is high right now. And one guy is sick of being Becky.
01-10-2011, 03:28 AM
I've started letting my boyfriend re-draw if he gets Amanda. He always seems to get her when we do it randomly.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2011, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2011 07:10 AM by vikinglad.)
I usually play 2 player against my wife, and we usually choose the heroes because it is still relatively new to us and we are excited about trying certain people certain nights. No real favorites yet, except that I love having Becky and Father Joe at the same time, and we both hate Billy. If drawing random heros, we generally allow 1 discard/re-draw (seriously, so we can drop Billy).

I eventually got tired of picking my own Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc. characters after a while and went to random eventually. I see this going the same way. I am saving the random component until the charm of choosing wears off.